Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remove Catalyzer Of Vitz

sacpul

Hi Guys,

I am a new member of this forum. I have a Toyota Vitz 4WD with 2NZFE 1.3 litre engineand imported second hand from Japan. I live in a small island and it is Malta.

I wish to remove the catalyzer from the exhaust system to gain some power and torque. Is there are any sensors to remove or to modify when I remove the catalyzer? Or just cut it out and install a pipe.

Thanks and best Regards to ALL members

Sacpul

hi and welcome a 4WD vitz :wacko: i know of them but i have never seen one, what is it like????

as regards your cat this tread may help, from what i see its not a great idea, most of the info in this

!Removed! Cat, removing the cat?????

Cut it out, install a pipe and re-install the sensors. If you do it properly you shouldn't have a problem

I dont know what labour charges are liek where you live, but i would not bother.

for the cost and performance outcome esp on 1.3 are going to be very small, now if you had a turbo then id say do it.

Cant help you I'm afraid but welcome to the club, my brother was in Malta not so long ago on holiday

hi and welcome a 4WD vitz :wacko: i know of them but i have never seen one, what is it like????

as regards your cat this tread may help, from what i see its not a great idea, most of the info in this

!Removed! Cat, removing the cat?????

The Vitz 4WD model is the same as the FWD. It is permanent 4wd and has 1.3 2NZFE Engine and no turbo. The engine is 87 bhp but wheel bhp give you 68 cos you need divide the power on 4 wheels not on only 2.

The difference is the chasey cos it is NCP15 and the standard is NCP10 and it has also stabilizers. The stabilizers are standard from the factory.

The silencer is different because there is the differential and it is similar or like the silencer of Mazda MX5. The exhaust goes out from the left of the car not from the right.

If you try to make a burnout there will be no result beacuse it is 4WD. The interior of the car is similar to the standard model oh the Vitz.

When I bought this car it cost me 1000 maltese liri more than the standard Vitz imported 2nd hand from Japan.

hi sacpul...I have also a vitz but 1.0lt not 4wd and I'm considering of removint the Cat so to gain that little Bhp but i'm unsure of what 2 do because of the sensors!

now I will see and decide what to do..

by d way I'm also from Malta

p.s...never seen a 4wd vitz here in malta :o

The 4WD Vitz in Malta is rare because it cost Lm1000 more than the standard Vitz and In Malta the is only about 3 to 5 models of Vitz 4wd. The difference is very little when you see it and you can pass near it or walk near it and you doesn't notice that is a 4WD because only a small sticker tells you that it is a 4WD version.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links