Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Be Careful Wot You Write On This Or Any Forum

jay dh

just informing people that a member of another car forum i belong to had the old bill knock on their door this morning to arrest them and give them a court hearing on the basis of something they wrote on the forum. the cops were informed by another forum member.

this isnt meant to start a massive discussion, im just informing people

basically something was sed by them which is not 100% in line with the law but was said as the law was a bit unfair to them. a member informed the police of this and they both have court hearings

it is not up for discussion about what they should or shoudnt have done

Yeah, its common sense really, I know the police arrest a load of people because they put something like "currently selling drugs on the local streets" on Friends Reunited, doesnt exactly take detective of the year to catch some1 who's saying that.

haha those who admitted of driving at 120 are now editing their posts

But isn't that against the whole freedom of speach thing? Just because someone says something doesn't make it true.

But isn't that against the whole freedom of speach thing? Just because someone says something doesn't make it true.

I suppose you could always say you were exagerating to boost your Kudos. Get a good lawyer and they would be hard pressed to get a conviction unless the guy spills the beans and admits it was true.

Anyway. Good tip. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

that was the argument when Roy Keane admitted deliberately breaking Alfe Inge Halles' leg in his autobiography. He did it deliberately, everyone knows it, but got off with it by saying it was embellishment for the book.

Yer, as said.

There's a loophole in the law for it.

The ol' bill will just go round to scare em and try and get an easy arrest.

They could be out catching real criminals.

Lol...

that was the argument when Roy Keane admitted deliberately breaking Alfe Inge Halles' leg in his autobiography. He did it deliberately, everyone knows it, but got off with it by saying it was embellishment for the book.

I think you'll find he didnt get off with it as far as The FA were concerned, they did ban him for a few games (even though he was injured for them anyway so it didnt make a difference, still got a punishment though)

haha those who admitted of driving at 120 are now editing their posts

Now that brings a smile to my face now :lol:

jerry!!

I doubt very muh they could make it stick against anyone with half a brain..

After all if digital photos are not accepted in court rooms, on the grounds that they can be "edited" I can't see what the strenght of some text on a php or EZboard forum can be!!

this sounds really flakey.

what is your source for this?

any reputable links to news agencies who can confirm this?

Sorry but I think its a bit of scaremongering myself.....

Not saying your fibbing Jay, but people say things on forums that arent always 100% true - like if I say I'm wearing a polka dot polo neck, I'm gonna get arrested by the fashion police....?? I'm not wearing a polka dot poloneck btw, if the fashion police are reading this! :lol:

People brag about stuff - its not always true and unless there is actual evidence to prove the claims, such as CCTV, then the police cant just bang you up for something you've written on the Internet.

I did 473 mph yesterday when intoxicated through town.. I nearly dropped my mobile mid conversation when I got air off that speed bump :wacko:

Maybe it was simply a tip-off that gave reasonable grounds for further investigation. Can't be evidence it itself, unless there's some weird context we haven't figured out. Parallel thinking anyone? :huh:

I did 473 mph yesterday when intoxicated through town.. I nearly dropped my mobile mid conversation when I got air off that speed bump  :wacko:

Yeah.. I remember overtaking you on the inside at the time. :unsure::lol:

this sounds really flakey.

what is your source for this?

any reputable links to news agencies who can confirm this?

yeah, sounds like an urban legend to me... :rolleyes:

Hmm that's a bit weird, I never knew that could possibly happen :unsure:

Oh well I had better not write any incriminating evidence from now on about myself :lol::lol: :P

If there's no evidence, you're obviously not going to get prosecuted. All you do if the police speak to you is say that it was a fib and you made it up.

However, I did hear of a motorcyclist who idiotically filmed himself doing a few country lanes at very silly speeds, posted the vid on a forum and was promptly nicked. :lol:

How did he think he would get away with it?! I guess the cops have their share of motor enthusiasts who read these forums.

Paul.

not to mention the fact that Moderators can easily change posts, so it might not have even been the original person who said it... (not that our Mods would coz they is nice n all :P) So forums stuff cannot be used in a court of law as it is even easier to taint than digital photos.

Lol Karma....

I was doin twice the speed of sound in my 1ltr car today, weaving across 6 laes of traffic (Yes, I broke through the middle barrier), then procedded to go airborn to jump the police barracade ahead, and threw several of my mobile phones; which i was also mid-conversation on, at several armed response units, and still managed to keep the three course meal on the passenger seat in one piece that I was enjoying at the time....

:D :D :D

*Edited beyond belief of any normal person. If you are stupid, please disregard the above thread as pure poppycock, but tell your mates that you did as described above last weekend, so they'll think you're super cool!

I hope you didn't drop the bottle of vodka you were swigging at the same time!:lol:

A