Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mods Why?

Old Fart

is that your bike in your pic? i always thought was a done up midi moto! :P

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• earpl

• Demonic Angel

• silvasurfa

• Gnome

Top Posters In This Topic

(Old !Removed!) (To the old !Removed!) If you don't think posting a thread will make any difference, then why would you, unless your aim was to annoy people?...... Which won't work anyway, as every driver on here is a pretty mellow chap or lady

Midi-moto?

You obviously haven't seen me and my ample frame...

Lol....

:D

lol obviously not! just the dimensions of the pic and the way it looks in that pic! doesnt look a big bike! would quite like to see it some time though as looks snazzy! i love the venting in seat back bit :P (not motorcycle minded obviously!)

cheers for that as unfortunately i wnt be at JAE :( I on holiday but next year i should be there with a yaris fingers crossed!!! Bike still looks smallish! i just used to seeing big bikes thats all! looks nice though :D your doing alright for a 21 year old bike, yaris and all! (not at all jealous....well maybe a bit! but not because of the bike as i dont have life insurance!) Anyway what was the thread about.... :P

Mods are done for individuality and to make it more enjoyable! everyone likes a nice rumble or roar from their pride and joy! what can they say...there all big kids! :P

Well, Old !Removed! (snigger - great name!) I can see your point but I remember dreaming about getting myself a mini when I was a young lad. It was going to have an oil cooler, skimmed head, twin carbs, wide maglites, wheel arch extensions, the lot. I was even toying with chopping and lowering the roof! Never got it - I was literally too poor and couldn't even afford a shoebox in the middle of the road. :lol:

Then it was a love affair with American muscle cars and larger British cars with paint jobs that even then cost a small fortune. I was no stranger to Custom Cars shows and drooled over the cars there and in the magazine of the same name. Never got that dream car though B) :(

Now I drive the car in my avatar. It's not modified and it's hardly what I expected to end up with but I love it. I also love the enthusiasm many people on here have for their cars. A pretty harmless pleasure, wouldn't you say? Anyway, it's their money; they earned it so no harm in them spending it on modding their cars.

It also nice to show them off and let others enjoy seeing them on here or at meets.

As long as they don't mod your car while you're not looking I say good luck to them! :thumbsup:

Oh, by the way... at 50 , I'm only six years younger than yourself. :yes:

Good thread this one. But i gotta tell you the argument is flawed. The statement that one may grow out of modifiing a car... I`ve been doing it for 28 years and intend to for the next 28, God willing. :thumbsup:

I concur... i'll close it, ok, here we go...

CLOSED

I dont understand what the guy's said to offend TBH - all he's said is that he doesnt see why people mod a perfectly good car. OK so many people disagree but thats no reason to close a thread IMO!

Its a personal thing at the end of the day, but he was just expressing his opinion and just because its different to yours doesnt mean its the wrong opinion to have.

Now lets all snog and make up! :D :D

Earpl - thanks for that mate .. needed the confirmation.

Been into cars since I finished uni ... dad used to race minis - then turbo metros ... even went through a stage of twin turbo metros ...

Had a brief stint of company cars .. which was nice .. then got back into small cars ...

Everyone has different tastes at the end of the day, people want to mod and they will/do mod - it's what makes us all unique!!

I, like Em only have Devil Horns and also a Aluminium Tax Disc Holder on the Blue - nothing else because I genuinely like the Yaris at it is..yes I am very very tempted to add some subtle mods but that's my choice, no-one elses.

We live in a Free World, we do what we want - simple :yes:

I dont understand what the guy's said to offend TBH - all he's said is that he doesnt see why people mod a perfectly good car. OK so many people disagree but thats no reason to close a thread IMO!

Its a personal thing at the end of the day, but he was just expressing his opinion and just because its different to yours doesnt mean its the wrong opinion to have.

Now lets all snog and make up!  :D  :D

Yeah, that's it in a nutshell. You don't have to agree with everthing you read on a forum (how could anyone?) but if that's his opinion, so be it. It just isn't mine. One thing though....

I positively refuse to snog a 56 year old bloke, not to mention earpl! :lol:

Oh I dunno Al.

I bet Earpl's got lovely smooth skin.....

:D :D :D

Riiiiight....

Can't everyone just shake hands? :lol:

Can't everyone just shake hands?  :lol:

I was thinking the same thing, maybe even a hug at a push! :thumbsup:

I have just turned 40 and have modded my car to my likings. I dont care what ohers think about my lexus lights etc.Within reason , all I think I have done is "fine tuned" it to my tastes.

Can't everyone just shake hands?  :lol:

I was thinking the same thing, maybe even a hug at a push! :thumbsup:

I insist you all snog and make up! NOW! :lol::lol:

erm.......................... standard cars suck!

Behave yourself Lee or you'll get a spank.

ive never once complained about insurance!

ive modded mine purley because one i prefer it modded to standard, and i have improved on the car, it looks better in my eyes, i runs and breaths better and i have parts which are an improvment over stock!

but like i say, each to their own, people on here have standard cars and love them, whereas other have fairly modded yaris

erm.......................... standard cars suck!

Behave yourself Lee or you'll get a spank.

.......and saying thats sposed to stop me????? :P

I can understand why people may want to modify their car to make it better, i.e. lowering springs, uprated dampers, engine mods etc.

What I can't understand is people who buy a 1.0 Yaris then spend 2k on styling mods :lol:

Why not spend the money making it go faster

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links