Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mods Why?

Old Fart

I can understand why people may want to modify their car to make it better, i.e. lowering springs, uprated dampers, engine mods etc.

What I can't understand is people who buy a 1.0 Yaris then spend 2k on styling mods :lol:

Why not spend the money making it go faster

maybe there into style not speed, and prefer the cheapness of running a 1.0l

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• earpl

• Demonic Angel

• silvasurfa

• Gnome

Top Posters In This Topic

couldnt agree more, the 1 ltr is both cheap to buy/insure and run, fair few of the 1 ltrs are owned by the younger end of toc owners, i doubt their insurance companies would appriciate 2k worth of performance mods at their age!

Hi, as you say yourself we are all allowed to express our opinion and you do make very good point that do make sense and I agree with most of them. but in the same way are people not allowed to express there individuality, the modding car sense is followed by mostly younger people and as long being the case even back in your day (not a dig) younger people did things to express themselves in different way may it be fashion, lifestyle, bike and cars. Most people here do mod there cars in various ways that even some of us here may not always like never mind yourself. If the insurance is a small price to pay for this individually, then if people are willing to pay it then it is up to themselves if they want to mod there car or not

I not modding my car for cred (cos my choice of mods ain't fashionable with all the other kids that have cars at school - they like bodykits and chrome - i don't) modding is about being personal, making the car make you feel good, making it better to look at, more fun to drive, nicer sounding, stuff like that, people have different tastses, i like white cars with small graphite wheels and subtle exterior mods, whilst others like lots of metallic paint, big chrome wheels and silly spoilers, but they like it whilst others just laugh.

Ed

Hi, Speaking as an old !Removed! I have read the various topics about altering the Yaris for various reasons,ie tuning this,lowering that bigger wheels etc:

Then you complain when the Insurance Company asks for a large premium.

The Yaris is a brilliant car for its size as standard,why waste money changing things just for the street cred it's just not worth it.

All that you are doing is make someone else wealthy.

My advice (which will be totally ignored),is to keep the car standard, earn some N.C.D then if you must modify it do it then.

But my thinking is that you will have grown out of it by then.

Aye happy days when I was 17 and my first car insurance premium was £12 for the year. :D

one word for you, marrrrahhh!!!

Its nice to see modded cars, and standard ones!

When i get mine i know what i want to do to it, but im only doing it because if i dont do it now i will never be able to afford what i want when im older, when a house comes into the scene im not going to be able to mod a car so whilst im young i will do it now! :thumbsup:

When i get mine i know what i want to do to it, but im only doing it because if i dont do it now i will never be able to afford what i want when im older, when a house comes into the scene im not going to be able to mod a car so whilst im young i will do it now!  :thumbsup:

Yeah - my advice - do it before you get a mortgage! lol :lol::lol:

Yeah - my advice - do it before you get a mortgage! lol  :lol:  :lol:

Yup yup your right! :lol:

My dad was into bikes when he was my age, but i came along 2 years later and he had to stop! he regretted stopping but just couldnt afford to do it anymore with a house, wife and baby and he still cant do it now! so if i do it before all of that starts ill be happy i did it! :thumbsup:

Do what you must

Spend what you will

To give you a smile

To offer a thrill

Each to their own

When alls said and done

Mods on or mods off

Its just good clean fun!

Personal taste at the end of the day, yep the Yaris is a lovely little car as standard, but we are all individual, and so why not have our cars as such too if we so desire.

Yazzle is standard, apart from some nice Speakers in the back, and I am happy with that. I dont see the point in forking out a lot of money on a car I may or may not keep for a while, as she is 6 years old and perhaps in a little while (money willing) I might be able to get myself something a little sportier. Then maybe I will keep that and modify it, it depends how my mood takes me.

Some people take pride in keeping a standard car standard... some people like to restore classics... some people like to mod...

Its all just good clean fun :P

When i get mine i know what i want to do to it, but im only doing it because if i dont do it now i will never be able to afford what i want when im older, when a house comes into the scene im not going to be able to mod a car so whilst im young i will do it now!  :thumbsup:

ive got a morgage :( i still manage it :thumbsup:

ive got a morgage :( i still manage it :thumbsup:

Yes well we're all not billionaires like you Chris! How are the ducklings by the way??