Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Screen Wiper

jonny_brin

Right, my rear screen wiper has been driving me mad for ages, it keeps dragging over the glass and often makes it harder to see through, I need a new blade. Where can I get one? Do I have to get one from Mr T? I know Halfrauds don't stock one so is there anywhere else, and roughly how much will it set me back?

Cheers

I seem to remember that this is sold as a complete unit. I got mine for my last Yaris from Mr T. I can't recall the price, sorry but it was well under a tenner.

these units usually come as a whole unit, the arm and the rubber blade, but the rubber blade comes out, and you can cut them down if it's cheaper to do this than to buy the whole unit

MrT in Perth replaced all three bades on mine - just the rubbers for around 12quid I think ... took about 2mins!

I got mine free from Mr T when it broke off in ice (my fault! lol)

Nice kind man just replaced it for me and when I said "What do I owe you?" he said "You can buy me a drink later"

Time..... for a sharp exit! lol :lol::lol:

I got the front ones only replaced from MrT for the T3, cost £7..might be worth a quick call to your local MrT to ask?

noooooooooooooooo dont do it, dont do it!!!!

take it off, turn the rubber round............ SORTED :D

bosmicedexwi.jpg

How does that work then?

Dont think the rear yaris wiper looks like that, does it?

You are right it doesn’t.

We are talking about the rubber.

Not sure if he means turn it around so the left hand side becomes the right, or turn it around as in a 180 degree turn which would mean the blade of the wiper won’t be in contact with the glass.

i thought he meant like turn it inside out or something so we just let him answer :P

Who cares?! The rear wiper is useless anyway and I make a point of never using it! :thumbsup:

Who cares?! The rear wiper is useless anyway and I make a point of never using it! :thumbsup:

smooth ya booty then

Are you paying Lee? I'm gonna get a few more things done while its in at the bodyshop anyway! :thumbsup:

bosmicedexwi.jpg

How does that work then?

for a start..... what use is that. the rear yaris wiper when it gets like this its cleans when it sweeps across and judders when going back into place. by swapping it round it judders across then cleans and sits back in position. if you had a yaris you'd proberly have found this. so all you need to do is remove the rubber and turn it round. oh and the reason it does this is because the rubber bends because of the way it always sits.

you can buy a generic wiper blade insert and cut the length to fit. I believe its a 6mm blade.

I got 2 free rubber blades (rears) off Mr T last time mine was in, they left them on the seat for me because i was complaining at how long it took them to find an electrical fault on my car (Warranty of course)

You can buy them from Mr T as people have said, i believe they are about £6??

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links