Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

London Bombings

gordypix

Thoughts go out to all those involved in the horrific incidents taking place in London today.............

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sotal

• Moffmo

• Fidgits

• Kev Mc

Top Posters In This Topic

We are not allowed freedom of speech apparantly

My thoughts go out to the families and the emgerncy services iunvolved

Indeed.

Unfortuanteyl we are not able to discuss the situation at all, as it *may* become politically incorrect.

Its act like that that cause pent up agression, and a great deal of anger.

People that are not actually racist at all, get bitter as anything they say that is vaguelly close to the cut, gets frowned upon. Its not the other races that are a problem, its the PC bull :censor: that gets peoples heckles up.

That's really annoying if it was because one member was going down the wrong route then why not just monitor and delete any posts which appear racist and warn/ban offending people

it was closed

For some reason the attack on london seemed to give people the green flagh to stand on a soap box and talk crap about there views on the world instead about the poor people who have been effected by the bombings...

Indeed.

Unfortuanteyl we are not able to discuss the situation at all, as it *may* become politically incorrect.

Its act like that that cause pent up agression, and a  great deal of anger.

People that are not actually racist at all, get bitter as anything they say that is vaguelly close to the cut, gets frowned upon. Its not the other races that are a problem, its the PC bull :censor:  that gets peoples heckles up.

If we can't discuss it at all does that mean this one is going too!? :angry: :censor:

FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS - BUT DON'T ADD ANY RACIAL COMMENTS WHATSOEVER...........

WE KNOW NOTHING EXCEPT WHAT WE ARE HEARING FROM THE NEWS AND IT IS A VERY SAD DAY AND CERTAINLY NOT ONE FOR PETTY BICKERING ON HERE..................

Oh look  my "where has the thread gone post" has gone too.

Yet more trigger happy moderation.

Mayeb if mods would have the COURTECY to explain why posts were deleted, locked, whatever, there would not be so much of a  problem.

Incidently, which post was racist? mine certainly wasn't. I would say go and read it carefully,  but its gone...

Hey humm.

that was my thoughts Charlie..

Was it my mugabi comment? or was there others following - i have no idea..

it was closed

For some reason the attack on london seemed to give people the green flagh to stand on a soap box and talk crap about there views on the world instead about the poor people who have been effected by the bombings...

I wouldn't mind if it was closed, but it was deleted as well!

Why not just delete the posts and warn that one single person not to continue

Well said :thumbsup:

WE KNOW NOTHING EXCEPT WHAT WE ARE HEARING FROM THE NEWS AND IT IS A VERY SAD DAY AND CERTAINLY NOT ONE FOR PETTY BICKERING ON HERE..................

Well can we have the old topic back minus any posts which look to be at all racist? :thumbsup:

knowlson Posted Today, 12:25 PM

it was closed

I did not get the impression other people were on 'their soapbox' (and if anyone thought I was than I would like to appologise right here and now :yes: ).

If anything I thought it united people (all members) in a time of tragic actions

Well - as far as I'm concerned - I had a very, very lucky escape. Woke up feeling a bit pooh this morning, but thought about going in......in the end I stayed in bed.

Basically, I am normally on the Hammersmith & City Line going between Aldgate East & Liverpool Street at around 8:45-9:00 every day.......I should've been on it this morning.........very scary. I reckon my guardian angel was looking after me today.

Still can't believe it.

But as everyone says - thoughts go out to families and friends of those injured and the great job that the emergency services seem to be doing in getting everybody sorted and making sure things are safe again.

Bit worried about how my Fiancee's going to get home tonight - she's stuck in the City. :(

This is getting worst and worst :(

Just wondering... how did george bush get to the UK so quickly? :wacko:

we all feel the same about these attacks, and it is only natural to speculate, now it has been proven to be terrorism, to express an opinion on the subject.

and yes, this opinion might be seen as racist - but lets not forget - someone has come into our country, in our captial, and deliberatly killed and inured people...

London itself is a multi-cultural city, and our thoughts and prayers go out to all familes, regardless of skin colour, relgious bias or mother tongue..

And to those that took these actions, you are truely evil....

And Matt - Bush was already here for G8 - he ran over a policeman yesterday on a bike...

Agreed. But where`s the line between terrorism/racism/religion ? Aren`t they kind of linked. :unsure:

This is what people don;t seem to understand.

Peopel that are toally not racist, pretty easy going get well and truely wound up because they can;t say anything, even things that are not racist.

its the silly things like "you can't calla black board a black board, its a chalk board" etc etc that wind people up, and will cause a reaction!

That thread being deleted and locked falls into that category too.

I live and work in Essex - 25 miles from London and we're all very shocked right now..it's so close and so many people are affected :(

Matt if it gets racist or out of hand yes he does have the right to delete it! thats why he's a mod!

and if everyone stopped asking why its been deleted and just accepted it then this one wont get deleted

Spuffington - sounds like you were very lucky! glad your okay :)

Well - as far as I'm concerned - I had a very, very lucky escape.  Woke up feeling a bit pooh this morning, but thought about going in......in the end I stayed in bed.

:o Glad to hear you and your fiancee are alright :thumbsup:

Our emergency services are top guys and girls... big up to the emergency services

STOP whining over what is happening to this thread and ponder an IMPORTANT MATTER PLEASE................

like the tragic loss of life.............................

Well - as far as I'm concerned - I had a very, very lucky escape.  Woke up feeling a bit pooh this morning, but thought about going in......in the end I stayed in bed.

:o Glad to hear you and your fiancee are alright :thumbsup:

Our emergency services are top guys and girls... big up to the emergency services

Just goes to show that all the practices have paid off. Terrible that it had to be put into a real life situation though.

STOP whining over what is happening to this thread and ponder an IMPORTANT MATTER PLEASE................

like the tragic loss of life.............................

Isn't that what we were doing in the previous thread??

Ok, ok that's me done for a moan! I best get some work done now

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links