Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

London Bombings

gordypix

Matt if it gets racist or out of hand yes he does have the right to delete it!  thats why he's a mod!

But it didn't, thats what gets on my goat, unless someone posted between me posting and reflreshing....

even if it they did, why not delet that post???

CAn't people see that its the fact that anything that gets close to being a "it might get out of hand" situation and gett slocked, that merely ads a few more notches to the "mounting tension" spring, and fuesla hate for the Pc "anti racism" movement, People can be sick of being told what to say, how they can say it and who they can say it too, even if they were not going to say anything racist in the first place... if Mods cannot see this, in my eyes they should not be a Mod :thumbsup: (that is in no way a personal attack at any mods, before anyone starts :rolleyes:)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sotal

• Moffmo

• Fidgits

• Kev Mc

Top Posters In This Topic

Fidgets - Just going back to the last thread (if I'm allowed)

The FTSE has taken a turn for the better and is now steadily rising, it's gone back up about 70 points of the 170 it last earlier :thumbsup:

You were right :rolleyes:

Unbelievable moderation!

It would have been good to let people let off some steam and frustration anger sadness and praise for the emergency workers etc in the aftermath of today’s events.

At least there are other more forward thinking liberal minded ‘Forums’ to have a say.

Forum; a public meeting or assembly for open discussion

An elaborate discourse, delivered in public treating an important subject in a formal and dignified manner; especially, a discourse having reference to some occasion

Yeah right! :angry:

look, I'm a mod, and to delete posts takes a load longer than just panning the whole thread.

Anything that is concidered bad by us, we'll bin. I don't care if you disagree :)

You want "free speech"? Well this country doesn't have it (only on Speakers corner @ Hyde park) and this forum certainly doesn't.

No stop the bickering and get on with it.

I spoke a lot on the old post and I can understand why it was deleted in all honesty.

Lets forget about religion, race and what-not and concentrate on these poor people affected in London.

Once again, my heart goes out to all affected and their families and friends. Its truly horrific.

Does anybody have the news on? Im stuck at work so havent had a chance to see it yet, has there been a statement or anything from police?

Untill the post was deleted I thought the maljority of comments were purely those of sympathy, revulsion and curiosity.

I never gave it any other consideration, but now it has been deleted I see a worrying trend of lack of neutrality, we all have oppinions and this indeed is a terrible time but where would we be if someone had the power to stop everybody having their own oppinion as long as it fitted in with their own?

People have lost their lives and other have been injured. There are others desperately searching for their loved ones.

Its sick what people can do to each other, be it the tragic event in London, the bombing in Madrid and 9/11. We have to unite against the evil that attacks us, not fight with each other.

Tegan:

Tony blaire had a press conference thing talking about how our determination etc is bigger than theres

The police statement was saying how they are coping etc and they couldnt give any figures becuase theres people with just breathing problems and covered in soot and people who are burnt... the subtitles are a bit kack so couldnt folow it very well

Does anybody have the news on?  Im stuck at work so havent had a chance to see it yet,  has there been a statement or anything from police?

We have the radio on but its just 15 min updates.

I know the police commissioner said that there were no warnings or anything beforehand - they didnt know what was coming!

People have lost their lives and other have been injured. There are others desperately searching for their loved ones.

Its sick what people can do to each other, be it the tragic event in London, the bombing in Madrid and 9/11. We have to unite against the evil that attacks us, not fight with each other.

Well said Rach!

Does anybody have the news on?  Im stuck at work so havent had a chance to see it yet,  has there been a statement or anything from police?

Last offical quote I saw was that they were confirming 4 explosions - they didn't say much else. BBC reckon there were 7 explosions, other news sites reckon 6, one reckons 9

As I said before.

Thoughts go out to those involved.

I hope anyone who is trying to contact loved ones in London, gets hold of them and finds them alrite.

It's a disgusting act of violence against innocent people.

Tegan:

Tony blaire had a press conference thing talking about how our determination etc is bigger than theres

The police statement was saying how they are coping etc and they couldnt give any figures becuase theres people with just breathing problems and covered in soot and people who are burnt... the subtitles are a bit kack so couldnt folow it very well

does anyone else think Blair's going to use this incident to push through his 'indenity cards'?

On BBC they seem to have the opnion it was al queda...

and that there was 7 explosions and 2 people confirmed dead

The guys from our London office (just down the road from one of the bombings) say there are still explosions going on and loads of sirens too. They are still restricted to the office and may not even be able to leave this evening :(

Do they think it was the same people that did the twin towers?

Wish i had a radio!

That would be Al Queda - nothing has been confirmed, but apparantly a website of extremists is claiming they are behind the attacks..

does anyone else think Blair's going to use this incident to push through his 'indenity cards'?

Yes i do, thats a good point fidge! <_<

Yes i do, thats a good point fidge! <_<

Thats almost certain...

All they had to do was be tougher with illegal immegrants in the first place.

(Unless it was a sick english group)

We have the radio on but its just 15 min updates.

I know the police commissioner said that there were no warnings or anything beforehand - they didnt know what was coming!

I was reading on the fox website that British Police warned the Israeli Embassy in London of possible terror attacks minutes before the first explosion.

Now the article has change to : Israeli Minister Denies Scotland Yard Warning

Make what you want of it: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,161769,00.html

The guys from our London office (just down the road from one of the bombings) say there are still explosions going on and loads of sirens too. They are still restricted to the office and may not even be able to leave this evening :(

I recon that could be controlled explosions on any susspicious items that are lying around

One of my mates who works in Canary Wharf, has told me that a suicide bomber had been shot dead. He wasn't 100% and a bit sketchy... Any one else heard this?

I recon that could be controlled explosions on any susspicious items that are lying around

Yeah thats what they are assuming too. Its worrying when you ring through to someone and all you can hear is bangs in the background :(

One of my mates who works in Canary Wharf, has told me that a suicide bomber had been shot dead. He wasn't 100% and a bit sketchy... Any one else heard this?

No reports of that as i know on BBC mate

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links