Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

London Bombings

gordypix

The guys from our London office (just down the road from one of the bombings) say there are still explosions going on and loads of sirens too. They are still restricted to the office and may not even be able to leave this evening :(

I recon that could be controlled explosions on any susspicious items that are lying around

Yeah thats what they are assuming too. Its worrying when you ring through to someone and all you can hear is bangs in the background :(

You managed to get through?? :unsure:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sotal

• Moffmo

• Fidgits

• Kev Mc

Top Posters In This Topic

condolences go out to the familes who have lost members.

im sure all of us have been speaking to those we know in london.

the company i work for is on high alert now and untul everything settles it will be panic and facts wont really be known

although there is this from the bbc website:

An Islamist website has posted a statement - purportedly from al-Qaeda - claiming it was behind the attacks

Jamie

Forced carrying of ID cards!!!! The first step to a "police state". First of all all difference between anyone is as much as eradicated by being forbidden to talk about it, now ID cand papers are forced upon everyone. I have passport, why should I need more ID?

slightly off topic I heard a very interesting point on comunism the other day, and the two methods of enforcing it, one is a revolution, the other is the softly softly approach of removing any difference in identity, redistribution of wealth, etc etc... I'll try and dig up the link, :thumbsup:

Yeah, landlines are still fine luckily

Thanks fidge , i dont know about anybody else but im in a weird mood now - feel like i dont wanna be in this country any more , but then again, where can you go that is safe? :(

ahh, that is certainly worring then... :(

fidgits: i know... you said that earlier

Could rant here but I won't, just got up off my night shift and a bit confused...

Thoughts go out to everyone involved, there are some good points being made but do we need to keep going on about it, were better than that surely?!

(Can't believe the amount of people online)

Once again, thoughts are with those affected :yes:

I have wanted to leave this country for a long time, for many reasons that have been touched upon today... It really is going down the pan...

Yeah I was told that the only reason people cant get through on mobiles is that they asked network providers to block them due to the fact that in Madrid they were used as remote detonators... Landlines should still be working without problems (unless lines have gone down)

Sad times...

And Tegan... I know what you mean, makes you feel unsafe in a way, even tho I am miles away from it all up in Warrington, my Dad is there probably stuck in London tonight.

Thanks fidge  , i dont know about anybody else but im in a weird mood now - feel like i dont wanna be in this country any more , but then again, where can you go that is safe? :(

Yeah, i can understand that, but please remeber, for all the high profile attacks, those living in Bagdad, Tel Aviv etc, those people live with this on a daily basis...

We are relativley safe in this country.... and think back to the days of the IRA - this sort of thing happened a lot more often...

To feel afraid to leave your own home is to let the terrorists win...

QUOTE(Gnome @ Jul 7 2005, 01:57 PM)

One of my mates who works in Canary Wharf, has told me that a suicide bomber had been shot dead. He wasn't 100% and a bit sketchy... Any one else heard this?

Sort of <_<

One of our 'units' is in Canary Wharf building and have been asked to remain inside and not go out. Although reason to stay inside may be due to certain controlled explosions being carried out in that area.

Yeah, his office got told to stay inside as well, but were recently told they could go outside again.

:s

Just seen on ITV

4 bombs, 3 on the tube one on a bus.

The shooting of a bommer is denied by police.

They have done "several" controlled explosions.

12 dead (so far)

Just seen on ITV

4 bombs, 3 on the tube one on a bus.

The shooting of a bommer is denied by police.

They have done "several" controlled explosions.

12 dead (so far)

Yeah BBC has just dropped there's from 7 to 4 bombs!

and the government say that no one has "claimed" these yet :S

and the government say that no one has "claimed" these yet :S

I have opinions, but they are better expressed in gold...

I would like to make a public apology to reece for having a life not spending 24hrs a day watching the news and being olibvoius to george bush (the stupidest high powered man ever to exist) coming to the uk (which should have been the most important thing in my life!)

The Police have just announce that it was the number 30 bus from Hackney to Marble Arch if anyone needs to know

BBC have released their translated statement from an Islamic Website:

In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.

We have repeatedly warned the British Government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly.

I would like to make a public apology to reece for having a life not spending 24hrs a day watching the news and being olibvoius to george bush (the stupidest high powered man ever to exist) coming to the uk (which should have been the most important thing in my life!)

:rolleyes:

It's been on the news for the last month ..

The riots, the big concerts?

3rd world debt, Kioto agreement, etc etc ..

I know all that, im sooo ashamed that i didnt know that a dumb "nice person" was arriving in the uk yesterday...

i even signed the petition...

sorry, but its hardly the first thing in my mind.. or the last

EDIT: Language reminder mate ;) It's a public forum and little stars don't quite do it - No offence :P

Edited by System~G

not wanting to correct you Ben...

But I thought Kioto wasnt going to be discussed at this G8 summit.

I know its the pact to reduce Carbon Emissions - and the only real talking point is the US is the only member of the G8 nations that hasnt signed up...

I could be wrong though

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links