Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speedo Convertors - Need Help Asap For Jae

Leeky

The clock is now ticking to get the new supra on the road. Before i can get an MOT and road tax i need to get the speedo converted and get a fog light on.

I've searched this forum and searched other forums and havent had much luck yet.

I did have a link to a website that sold convertors but since my pc died i lost it :(

All i need to do is change the 180kph that my speedo goes up to - to 180mph and remove the speed cut.

I know that all i need is a little chip to wire in which does this and i know they are about £35.

Does anyone know a website that sells these?

Much appreciated :thumbsup:

Are you sure you need to convert it??? Both out mercedes, my mates supra, and outE type are still in km/h and it bothers no one!!! They pass MOT fine!

you dont have to convert the speedo mate as my MR2 was km/h and my Surf is km/h and both passed there MOT all you have to do it fit a fog light and disconnet the speed bell if it has one.

PM Steph on this forum or through MR2OC. He is making converters primarily for MR2's, but don't know if they would work on Soops

Good links Charis! Thats very Odd that MPH is listed as needed, as we were told it was not, and still do this day drive cars in KM/h.

Another interesting point... *Please note that petrol-fuelled cars manufactured from August 1992* is stated as needing to pass the emisions tests that require a cat.... I take it this means if I can prove that my car was manufactured before august '92 I don;t have to havea cat? (It was registered afterwards, but I don't think they were making them in august!!! mid '92 was the cut off!)

although that does only state it for new european imports.

There is a bit below on non european used imports but it does not state that a speedo should display mph or kph

as we were told it was not, and still do this day drive cars in KM/h.

The same with mine my MR2 went through 3 MOTs with KM/h and my Surf went through its last one with KM/h

Just found this bit

Great Britain uses imperial units for speed measurement. The law requires that speedometers must include a miles-per-hour display. Please note in particular that any modified display must be visible in daylight and in darkness.

but again none of my Jap imports did and passed their MOT's

Edited by stevetubbyturbo

hmmm, my Cynos is in KM/H & i've been stopped by the old bill a few times - also its passed every MOT since i registered the car in the UK..

just tag on Fog light & you'll be fine Leeky :thumbsup:

J

Dunno if the laws have changed...

but i've had to buy -

Speedo in MPH

Fog Light

Fog light switch with LED

Fuel Nossle Adaptor (Stops wrong fuel being put in)

My dads getting me a V55/5 tomorrow, hopefully wednesday i can get it MOT'd and then go straight to the local DVLA office to register it.

Take 48-72 hrs so hopefully friday it will be on the road (just need to get the plates and the tax done).

Why does everything have to be so damn close :wacko:

because you all left it right til the last minute before you did anything about your motors!! :P :P

Blooming cars - who'd have them eh? Such hardwork.

PAH!!!! you don't know the meaning of hard work!!!! modern cars and all that :thumbsup: