Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warning To Tocer Coming To Jae Via A47

stevetubbyturbo

Ive thought i would post this as everyone is getting very exicted about the JAE and the last thing you will want will be a speeding ticket.

If you are coming to the JAE from the east or west of Peterborough and using the A47 there are road works and a 40mph speed restiction in place and cameras everywhere

If coming from the east the roads works are after the roundabout at Eye Green

If coming from the west you should not hit the road works as you should have got off onto the A1 before but if you miss the turning the road works are after Castor and Alsworth camera's everywhere again

Also the ive been told by a neighbour who works for the police that there will loads of police out with their radar guns around the main roads to the East of England Showground over the JAE weekend.

Im sure everone in TOC will be ok and take it easy but as ive said above the Police know about this event and there out to make sure no one speeds.

BOOGA!

I live practically on the A47 - its the only route I know!

Oh but I'm coming from the West (Leicester) so I should be fine, right? I just need to make sure I get off at the A1 then. :unsure:

Only real way to avoid them Em is to keep your speed down ;)

The faster you go the more flies you will have to clean off, that means less time drinking.

I'll be travelling reasonably slow and weaving from side to side trying to avoid as many as possible (that's my excuse offisher *hic* and I'm shticking to it 10_7_4.gif) :lol:

BOOGA!

I live practically on the A47 - its the only route I know!

Oh but I'm coming from the West (Leicester) so I should be fine, right? I just need to make sure I get off at the A1 then.  :unsure:

You shouldnt hit the road works

If you come down the A47 and after you pass the rear gate for RAF Wittering.

after a few miles or so you will come to a set of double roundabouts for the A1 the first is for the North ignore this one you want the second to the south sign postedPeterborough (A1139)

After approx 4 miles of being on the A1 you will come to a turn of (its hard to see if you blink you will miss it so slow down to about 50 after the 4miles of being on the A1.

The turn off is sigh posted (i think from memory)Peterborough, alwalton, showground, chesterton but beware the turning is after the slip road is tight.(you can only use this turn off if your going Southbound as there is no turn off to it Northbound)

Once on this road you will pass the Cockoo pub and the road bears to the right and you will come to a T-junction Turn left.

After 1/2 mile you will come to a roundabout and you will see the Mariot hotel on the left and the East of England Showground main entrance is to the right.

HTH

:thumbsup:

wrong if you dont have number plates or tax in the window (forward facing cameras) you'll be fine :ph34r:

Police know about this event and there out to make sure no one speeds.

You mean the Police know about this event so they are out to make some easy money :thumbsup::lol:

Police know about this event and there out to make sure no one speeds.

You mean the Police know about this event so they are out to make some easy money :thumbsup::lol:

I didnt want to say that, but it seem that way :lol:

I think with an event of this size the police will be useful in directing traffic and keeping the muppetts in check! Theres always one fool!

i remember being stuck in the que for trax last year and everyone was flying down the outside lane and trying to cut in at the front - coppers put a stop to that - thanks very much Mr police man - cut my waiting time down! :yes:

I will say something for the police around here they are very good and normally very helpful and friendly and normally dish out warnings instead of tickets (unless your being extremly stupid)

But from what i have heard through the grapevine as this is the first JAE in Peterborough and they know that there are going to be a lot of powerful Japanesse cars coming form all over the country and abroard the police are really going to be out in force as Peterborough is surounded by some very good dual carriage ways called the Parkways with no cameras (apart from when they do road works) and a lot of people speed on them and they normally get caught as P/boro has a lot of traffic police and two huge poilce stations.

Well, easy way not to get points is not to speed ..

Tut tut Steve!

I was talking about missing the roadworks, not the speed cameras!! :rolleyes::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links