Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Seats

Fozzy666-666

i dont think under a rear seat is the best place to fit a Amp as it may restrict the cooling as i cant see how air could get to it to cool it the favorite places to fit a Amp are in boot or under the passenger or drivers seat where there are large volumes of air.

i dont think under a rear seat is the best place to fit a Amp as it may restrict the cooling as i cant see how air could get to it to cool it the favorite places to fit a Amp are in boot or under the passenger or drivers seat where there are large volumes of air.

under the front seats what about the hot air from the vents under their

the warm air from the vents would not effect it possible even help with the cooling as its circulating the air around the inside of the car.

The thing about amps are that they can get warm and they need to radiate the heat this is why they have groves/fins on the top, if you put the amp in a small enclosed space sealed off to air (like under a rear seat) the amp will get hotter and hotter as it cant radiate the heat to air and eventually the amp will over heat and be damaged

Now if you put it under your passenger drivers seat there is a huge amount of air that can flow over the amp to remove heat even with the heater on it will still cool.

HTH

My amp came from the factory under the passengers front seat... you can duct the heater vent so it bows out behind it....

the warm air from the vents would not effect it possible even help with the cooling as its circulating the air around the inside of the car.

The thing about amps are that they can get warm and they need to radiate the heat this is why they have groves/fins on the top, if you put the amp in a small enclosed space sealed off to air (like under a rear seat) the amp will get hotter and hotter as it cant radiate the heat to air and eventually the amp will over heat and be damaged

Now if you put it under your passenger drivers seat there is a huge amount of air that can flow over the amp to remove heat even with the heater on it will still cool.

HTH

do you still know how to take out the back seat to run some wiring to the parcel tray for a 10"inch sub

Im not sure on the model of your car but and im guessing its a saloon.

Its hard to say exactly how its fitted but im guessing there would be some screws or bolts in the boot that hold it in place.

Im not sure on the model of your car but and im guessing its a saloon.

Its hard to say exactly how its fitted but im guessing there would be some screws or bolts in the boot that hold it in place.

thanks for your help i just got a new sub amp dvd player and screen and ive be puting it in and i got stuck so i thought i would see if any one knew

No problem mate

Sorry i could help you any futher

Best of luck with the install :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links