Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coilover Question!

Karma Supra

Well folks, my rather tastey Cusco coilovers arrived the other day, so I fitted them today, along with my matching front and rear strut braces :thumbsup:

I put then on on the setting the came on, about hafl way down the height adjust.. lowered the car.. ***** its low!!!! I'll have to wind them up I think... looks nice, but its totally daft!!!

I do have a question though...

Are coilovers "noisier" then regular suspension setups??? As the supra is a hatch the strut tops are in the cabin, I tested it with the trim panels off and I seem to be able to hear the shocks working... I thought it was on at first as was worried I hada blown/dud, but one sitting near enough in the boot and getting Milly to drive around I notice both make the noise.. I can also feel some for of plunger going up and down out the top, so I figure its that moving that creates the sliding squeaking noise.. is this normal??? Does anyone else have cusco coilovers that can varify this???

Many thanks!!!

Tomorrow I fit the shiney new Blitz Nur spec R :thumbsup: turns out my car was built in april '92 so no need for a cat :D

Bump!

think they'll quieten down as they bed in ...

I think the extra noise is because the shocks don't really want to be at the lowered height and for some reason this causes some noise...

or so my mechanic friend says....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links