Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turtlewax Colour Magic Polish

b1nda

Hi,

Has anyone used the Turtlewax Colour Magic Polish, its ment to be "the total solution for swirl marks" according to Halfords web site.

Anygood?

Is it the stuff in the green bottle?

Can't remember what type the one is I use, but it's in a green bottle, for sure!

:D

Is it the stuff in the green bottle?

Can't remember what type the one is I use, but it's in a green bottle, for sure!

:D

No,

its in a black bottle. Turtle Wax

The colour of the bottle depends on the colour of your paint :lol:

I use it its very good, especially on black cars!!!!

I does leave white residue if not wiped off the writing on lights etc...

I use that then top it ogg with auto gly high resin finishing polish..

What causes swirl marks? Is it just something that happens on dark paint over time?

A lot of people on here swear that Meguiars swirl remover is the best don't they?

have to say that im very impressed with new t-cut! i used it for the first time on my car the other day and it basically removed 99.99% of all the tiny scratches and swirly marks, and restored the true colour of the car, its actually red now instead of pink!! :D

i then gave the car a good polishing with the auto glym supre resin polish! work a right treat, bling is not the word!! :P

did that a couple of weeks back and the car is still shining!

Is it actually different to the old T cut?????

WE compounded, polished and Tcutted millys car so much, we actually wore through the pain in teo places on the spoiler :lol:

Hi,

Bought some Meguiars Stage 1,2 & 3 Deep Crystal Polish this morning....i have just put stage 1 and 2 on(too tired to put on 3)..and the result is fantastic...got rid of 90% of the swirls and shines like nobody's business....i also noticed that as my yaris is metalic black it also shines red,green and light orange when the sun hits it....never noticed the flakes before....cant wait to put on the stage 3.. :thumbsup: ...excellent Stuff

Is it actually different to the old T cut?????

WE compounded, polished and Tcutted millys car so much, we actually wore through the pain in teo places on the spoiler  :lol:

erm... it says that it has a new formula!! :P to be honest this is the first time i've used tcut on my pride n joy so couldnt tell you what the difference was!! :lol:

that Meguiars stuff sounds really good, expensive though!! must give that a whirl sometimes. :yes:

What causes swirl marks? Is it just something that happens on dark paint over time?

A lot of people on here swear that meguiars swirl remover is the best don't they?

I think its just caused by little dirt particles. When you clean your car, your clothes and sponges might carry little bits of dirt which arent abrasive enough to scratch your paintwork but they cause little swirls in the paint, which are more noticeable on darker coloured cars!

I have Meguiars Swirl Remover - will be de-swirling the day before JAE! :thumbsup:

Hi,

Bought some Meguiars Stage 1,2 & 3 Deep Crystal Polish this morning....i have just  put stage 1 and 2 on(too tired to put on 3)..and the result is fantastic...got rid of 90% of the swirls and shines like nobody's business....i also noticed that as my yaris is metalic black it also shines red,green and light orange when the sun hits it....never noticed the flakes before....cant wait to put on the stage 3.. :thumbsup: ...excellent Stuff

I too have the Meguiars 3 step crystal system.... and its fab... :) I have also bought some Meguiars clay... so will be doing that at weekend to get those stubborn bits off.. (apparently you just replace step 1 with claying ;) )

Hi ive tried both the coloured Tcut and turtle wax products and they both compare pretty closely when it comes to "fixing" swirl marks and restoring colour, ive found the best way to make sure that the finish lasts is, a really good wash with shampoo then Tcut or turtle wax then autoglym super resin polish (loads of it) then after that as many layers of autoglym extra gloss protection as you can be rsed with, making sure to leave a good 45mins between each application and your car will look fantastic and stay looking really good for weeks with just a regular wash and chamoix

I used the deep red one on my last Yaris (Caldera Red). Worked a treat! Not sure about the lipstick that comes with it though. Suppose it just wasn't my shade :lol:

rotator.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links