Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Evil Bloody Creatures!

Karma Supra

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG.. I only went to go and check on some supra spares I have in stock... I open the door and OW!!! I didn't even see it coming!!! evil stripey buzzy thing stung me, leaving a huge sting and what looked like half of its backside in my shoulder :crybaby:

Before legging it likea big girly girl I noticed a wasps nest the size of a football in my shed!!! there were millions of the things!!!

How do you get rid of them;

a, without paying anyone,

b, without getting stung, lots?

Only bees leave their body when they sting, you big girly (says he who runs a mile when a wasp appears) :P

They go drowsy with smoke----set the shed on fire :thumbsup:

Might be best to get the professionals :yes:

I destroyed a wasp nest in the hedge at home once, it involved a lot of wasp and fly killer, and once they had died it was easy to use a stick and open up the nest and spray them a bit more to make sure they were dead inside too.

As suggested above with the smoke, get a metal bucket and make a fire in it and put it in the shed, to make them drowsy then lit rip with the fly killer.

should work

We had one in the loft a few years back, they were getting through into the bathroom somehow and gathered at the window wanting to get out..scared the life out of me every time I went in there, Parents got the Council in to do it - cost about £40, I know thats not a solution that you want tho cos it involved paying!

you need to get some smoke in there mate.. burning car oil will sort em!

you need to get some smoke in there mate.. burning car oil will sort em!

I'll back Millys car up to the shed then :ph34r::lol:

:thumbsup:

They go drowsy with smoke----set the shed on fire  :thumbsup:

ROFLMAO!!! rofl.gif

Nice one! :thumbsup:

Be really careful whatever you do but smoke and a proper fly and wasp killer like Raid should do the trick. Smells nice too! As a static caravan owner I am quite familiar with wasps.

Oh by the way, it's supposed to be a bad summer for the wasps with not as many as normal. Good News! :thumbsup:

Bad News: apparently they are being replaced by hornets. :yes: :(

Bad News: apparently they are being replaced by hornets.  :yes:  :(

Ye gods. They ARE evil. Saw something on the telly the other night. Small group of hornets totally decimated a bee hive in a matter of a few hours. Evil. :(

WE have hornets around here too... My dad killed one the other day (with a spoon lol) and left it there because we would not beleive the size of the thing!! it must have been an inch long, it was HUGE!!!

Bad News: apparently they are being replaced by hornets.  :yes:  :(

I'd rather have a wasp sting than a hornet's, they's supposed to be much worse than a wasp's

Seen a few hornets fly into the office..... everyone going mad cause they think its a wasp....

"Its ok, its just a hornet" someone says..... lol @ just a hornet! :lol::lol: They are EVIL!

Actually you are wrong, hornets are nicer than wasps, they are less likely to sting you... but if you do get stung, it was your fault and it will hurt more :P

just go in and hit the nest with a long stick...keep doing it untill there so ANGRY they move somewhere else........

( i have never tried this myself, but it sure is a good Man test)

We got some pro's out the other week to get rid of ours, as it was on the side of the house in some crawling plants.

Lots of powdered stuff he was using, and he got stung loads - luckily wearing protective gear.

As soon as he started to move the the plant from around the nest, the worker wasps flew out and started having a go!

You need to make sure you kill the queen, and destroy the nest, otherwise they'll be back!

just go in and hit the nest with a long stick...keep doing it untill there so ANGRY they move somewhere else........

I like this idea :lol::thumbsup:

Leeky bring your camcorder!

I'd get the pro's in, I seen 999 (the TV programme) once and this guy tried destroying 1 and got stung so much he died! :o

We don't want a dead Charlie on our hands do we? ;)

WE have hornets around here too... My dad killed one the other day (with a spoon lol) and left it there because we would not beleive the size of the thing!! it must have been an inch long, it was HUGE!!!

A Hornet came into our house once (the only one I've ever seen). I think the stupid thing had got drunk from the apples that had fallen from our old tree and flew right into the lamp shade, knocking itself out! Lucky for us it didn't fly our way. My Dad scooped it up and took it outside thinking it was a gonner... 10 minutes later the blooming thing only got up and flew off!

Charlie - stop being a skin flint and get the pros in. I know it may mean £50 that you can't spend on fancy bits for the car, but it's better than a botched wasp eviction!! :yes: :P

Erm... Just how long should this stick be? I`m thinking it should be about 3 miles? :unsure:

Only bees leave their body when they sting, you big girly (says he who runs a mile when a wasp appears) :P

Not the 1 that stung me, I've only been stung once, I was waiting for my mate outside his house in the summer when I was about 7, I dropped back onto his garden, felt this pain in my hand, looked and saw this full wasp sticking out of my hand. I shook it frantically, looked again, saw half of it, shook it again & was left with just the sting, not 1 of my best childhood memories.

I destroyed a wasp nest in the hedge at home once, it involved a lot of wasp and fly killer, and once they had died it was easy to use a stick and open up the nest and spray them a bit more to make sure they were dead inside too.

As suggested above with the smoke, get a metal bucket and make a fire in it and put it in the shed, to make them drowsy then lit rip with the fly killer.

should work

Be careful though, I read in a magazine a few months ago about some1 who sprayed a full can of fly killer trying to kill this mosquito then went to the front door, light up a cigarette and (as you might expect) blew up his house up.

Smoke a fat one in the shed and get them all stoned tbh :D

Whatever solution you choose, get the video, sounds like a You've Been Framed in the Making, that'll give you the 250 quid to get rid properly...

We had a hornet nest at my folks place last year, monsters the lot fo them and not something to get close to :( burnt the sods back to where they came from :D

I've got shot of several wasps nests from my loft.........

Get 2 or 3 spray tins of fly/wasp killer, strap can to broom handle, put tape over the can spray jet, so its constantly spraying, stick can into nest, use whole can up on them, have a hoover to hand (bag type ), hoover the little bast*rds up while the spray knocks them out.

Have second spray can to hand to blast any stragglers. once they are all hoovers up, wrap hoover bag in a few carrier bags, and put out for bin man :) .

You will get straggles for the next few days, you need to block of the holes in the shed...last point, ( or should that have been first point :rolleyes: ) put long trousers and shirt on.

I've done this 3 times now, and and not being stung ....YET ;) :D.

Arrr...don't they look sweet......on a PC screen !

I-HY-VPEN-AD.004.jpg

flame thrower?

high pressure water cannon?

WEll I just went down the garden to investigate it....

The nest seems to be growing its pretty big now.. well it was :D

While peering in I noticed there were two large metal rods propped up against the shed. I have no idea what they are for, or how they got there, (they were not there yesterday) so I decided it was fate and my plan of action was clear. poke it, and see what happens..

I gently tapped the side of the next, slight increase in buzzing activity, but nothing exciting of interesting happened.. I then gave it a good hard prod, and a large section of it fell away :thumbsup:

unfortunately it seemed to crumble and fall all over/in my gearbox I have on standby for an iminent transplant, I did not however get time to inspect what it landed on as quite a few fairly irate wasps seemed to apear from nowhere and buzzed at me :crybaby:

I can seriously shift whan I want too :thumbsup: