Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Evil Bloody Creatures!

Karma Supra

WEll I just went down the garden to investigate it....

The nest seems to be growing its pretty big now.. well it was  :D

While peering in I noticed there were two large metal rods propped up against the shed. I have no idea what they are for, or how they got there, (they were not there yesterday) so I decided it was fate and my plan of action was clear. poke it, and see what happens..

I gently tapped the side of the next, slight increase in buzzing activity, but nothing exciting of interesting happened.. I then gave it a good hard prod, and a  large section of it fell away  :thumbsup:

unfortunately it seemed to crumble and fall all over/in my gearbox I have on standby for an iminent transplant, I did not however get time to inspect what it landed on as quite a few fairly irate wasps seemed to apear from nowhere and buzzed at me  :crybaby:

I can seriously shift whan I want too  :thumbsup:

They will now be waiting for you ,just like in the cartoons.....no hiding place for you now :eek: :D :D

:lol::lol::lol:

quality

suggest you do what my old grandad used to do

take one empty jam jar with the lid

bang a screwdriver through the lid to make a wasp sized hole

put half an inch of jam or honey in the bottom

quickly put it in the shed (and thus leg it)

wasps will be attracted to the sweet scent and get in the jar

but they wont get out again and subsequently die!

but on your scale i think you might need a 25gallon drum and a case of honey from the vash and carry

worth a try, then youll have a barrel full of dead wasps you can send to someone you dont like

:hokus-pokus:

wouldn't catch me in his shed now, he has seriously f*cked them off :D :D .

Rob, I like your thinking... Not only do I get to destroy an entire colony, but I will have a barrel of wasps, which as you point out, could be handy!

I am off to find a jam jar :thumbsup:

infact sod that I have had a better off, my dad fancies a pint.

I'm sure Wasp hunting is far more amusing after beer anyway :D

yup never know when youll need a barrel of wasps, could send it to the bloke who owes you money?

and will be easy after beer as youll aquire you 'wasp sting cloak of invisibilty'

maybe....

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

quality

suggest you do what my old grandad used to do

take one empty jam jar with the lid

bang a screwdriver through the lid to make a wasp sized hole

put half an inch of jam or honey in the bottom

quickly put it in the shed (and thus leg it)

wasps will be attracted to the sweet scent and get in the jar

but they wont get out again and subsequently die!

but on your scale i think you might need a 25gallon drum and a case of honey from the vash and carry

worth a try, then youll have a barrel full of dead wasps you can send to someone you dont like

:hokus-pokus:

Isn't it beer you're meant to use to lure them in or is that slugs?!

Had a hornet nest down the garden about 4 years ago. Found it when cutting the hedge. luckily didn't go through it with the cutters. Got council in, used some sort of white powder to kill them. Killed the maggots inside too, they were huge.

Joe

I have a vague recollection of someone giving me instructions for dealing with a wasps nest. I think it went like this: get a bin liner and put some petrol in it, then put the bin liner over the nest. The fumes knock them out. So you could try leaving an open petrol can in your shed. If that doesn't work, throw in a lit match and that will sort them out!

Be very careful whatever you do, a p****d off swarm of wasps can be nasty (as demonstrated by the one that went for you earlier).

no matter what you do, your gonna get stung!

can you flood your shed? they cant fly once wet which makes it a lot easier to kill the things

Have you noticed how most of the suggestions that don't end up with you getting killed destroy the shed? :eek:

Yes I have noticed that!!!

This shed is not a big shed, but it is SO full of supra spares, I can't even get in!!! destroying it, and the precious contents within is not an option :lol:

AS for the wasps...

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, an entire local colony for a sore shoulder :ffs: :lol::thumbsup:

Get back inthere ya woos and take a photo - I wanna see 'em :lol:

Told you the Prodding trick works...now go back and pee them of some more

I just got :censor: :censor: :ffs: :censor: ing stung again!!!! :censor:

I thought the nest was pretty much dead (it didn;t have its usual swam around it, and I could see right into the centre core where I had previosuly smashed it in half)

I gota panic call by someone that needs an '89+ supra turbo loom by tonight I went to the shed to fish it out and there it was..

I looked about.. no wasps!!! I was very carefull, but there must have beena lurker...

This wasp did not hover about then go for the plunge, he waited, he sat out of sight, then waited...

When the moment was right he did not hesitate, he pelted it straight at me and stunk me on the forehead... which :censor: ing hurt!!!

Evil ***** pointless creatures!!!!

I just got  :censor:  :censor:  :ffs:  :censor: ing stung again!!!! :censor:

I thought the nest was pretty much dead (it didn;t have its usual swam around it, and I could see right into the centre core where I had previosuly smashed it in half)

I gota  panic call by someone that needs an '89+ supra turbo loom by tonight I went to the shed to fish it out and there it was..

I looked about.. no wasps!!! I was very carefull, but there must have beena  lurker...

This wasp did not hover about then go for the plunge, he waited, he sat out of sight, then waited...

When the moment was right he did not hesitate, he pelted it straight at me and stunk me on the forehead... which  :censor: ing hurt!!!

Evil ***** pointless creatures!!!!

Get ther hoover out, suck up the nest :thumbsup:

Isn't it beer you're meant to use to lure them in or is that slugs?!

Had a hornet nest down the garden about 4 years ago.  Found it when cutting the hedge.  luckily didn't go through it with the cutters.  Got council in, used some sort of white powder to kill them.  Killed the maggots inside too, they were huge.

Joe

Beer also works - well it worked for us last year at JAE - bit of vodka, archers and lemonade in a redundant glass and watch them drown! :D

Not sure you would want to waste that much beer on them though :unsure::lol:

How the hell did you get that picture Charis???? :D :lol: :ffs:

PMSL. This thread gets funnier every day. :lol:

At least you won't have to worry about your parts shed getting burglarised, even more effective than a guard dog!

mite i suggest a small nuclear device, detonated at the correct height the shock wave only spreads radially in one vecotr so thus being able to save supra bits and destroy said wasps nest, will more than likely take the top of the shed but a tarp will sort that out

its either that or the honey jar B)

WE got the bits we needed out.... A mate came up in his full Bike gear and went in there... they tried to get him but failed!!!!

• 4 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links