Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apple Ipod

jlgreg35

Hi,

I have just bought a Rav4 NRG 2.0 2002, and will take delivery next weekend - can't wait! In my old car I had a radio/cassette so playing music through my ipod was not a problem. Now I have a cd player and no cassette, does anyone know how I can attach my ipod?

Cheers

John

You could use an FM transmitter, like an iTrip which attaches to the top of the iPod. You then tune the car radio into it. This produces fairly ok sound, I have one of these for use in other peoples cars.

Or if you want top notch sound, then a direct connection is what you need. There are devices on the market that will allow the iPod to be plugged in and treated as a disk changer. Dension make them as an example. But not sure that Toyota stereos are supported yet.

I've had a dension kit on my last car, and it wasn't bad. on my current model I have an Alpine head unit, that has full iPod control via a connecting lead.

Oh yeah, there are other kits that allow the iPod to be connected through the stereo's disk changer connection again, but just to use it as a line in connection with no control.

A search on the internet should pull up some clues.

happy hunting! :thumbsup:

Not sure if this is exactly what you want but I have found the following site that makes adapters that allow you to connect MP3 players to you existing car stereo, although it only looks like they show track info for Sony Headsets.

Anyway heres the site address.

Connects2

Hope this helps

:D

Not sure if this is exactly what you want but I have found the following site that makes adapters that allow you to connect MP3 players to you existing car stereo, although it only looks like they show track info for Sony Headsets.

Anyway heres the site address.

Connects2

Hope this helps

:D

Alternativley if you want to splash out a bit more buy the Toyota Sat Nav unit either from someone on TOC or eBay then fit one of these - will blow your mates away !!!iPod Interface :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Alternativley if you want to splash out a bit more buy the Toyota Sat Nav unit either from someone on TOC or Ebay then fit one of these - will blow your mates away !!!iPod Interface :thumbsup:

I have a unit very similar to this.

60gb ipod in the glovebox

43600018_G_002.sized.jpg

and I control it from the screen or steering wheel controls.

43600017_G_005.sized.jpg

43600011_G_005.sized.jpg

uteerly stealth install - you cant see a single wire, or even the ipod itself. :thumbsup:

more options:

apparently Halfords do a lead which connects to the cd multiplayer socket on the back of the head unit.

i don't think it will allow direct control of the i-pod - but it will allow playback - it's not available for new rav's so i bought an fm modulator from maplin. my mp3 player is an archos unit and dosen't have the range of after-market options that an i-pod has. however this setup suits me as i tend to put the unit on random play and only really use it on longer journeys - the sound quality is excellent

my mate has an i-trip and it works suprisingly well - plus he can pick it up on any radio around the house without plugging in. Sound quality is suprisingly good

Yep, I have an iTrip and it isn't bad. I don't use it in the car any more because of my new stereo, but it does the job.

All ya gotta do is find an unused frequency and it gets less interference.

I've had a quote for £70 from Halfords for an AUX adaptor from Connects2 (connects2.com)

"Connects 2 adapters provide a cost-effective way of adding portable audio, MP3 or even DVD to your existing factory fitted stereo. Our simple plug in adapter allows you to listen to CD, MD, ipod, MP3 player, Memory Stick and DVD�s from your existing factory fitted radio unit via your normal car speakers.."

I am very tempted! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links