Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Please Support This Guy....

Fizz

There was somebody waiting for the donated organ and the guy got caught speeding and he is now facing job loss because of it. Time is very important when it comes to transplants etc and I feel that these guys along with firefighters etc should be exempt from speeding fines.

This is one crazy place....

http://www.gmb.org.uk/petition/form.asp

I agree it all sounds ludicrus.

But it what I think is that if a fine is issued then a reasonable explanation such as the one here should be addressed with total leniancy unless he was blatenly driving dangerously (handbraking corners outside a school for instance).

No - one should be exempt because then the system will be abused. But emergency services under blue lights already are and this should extend in special circumstances to people like the gentleman here who was rushing with a transplant.

One thing though - a licence to break the speed laws doesn't mean the driver of such vehicle is allowed to disregard all around him/her. They still have to exercise all due care and attention and give way if the situation dicates.

I hope the transplant got to it's intended and that all is well now for all concerned......

thanks guys... you knwo it makes sense.. BUT.. considering there has been 40 views and only 4 replies..

i think is pretty ****ty.... under the circumstances....

I don't think he was even driving dagourously, 100mph on the A1 is nothing in the slightest unusual.

Steve.

signed a while ago, just didn't post so even thought the replies on this thread may not be that great doesn't mean we aren't signing the doc.

I was following this story through the news as it seemed crazy to me he was only doing his job. The interesting thing was that he went through 2 counties, the police in the first county didn't bat an eyelid whereas the police in the second county gave him the ticket...

It's crazy when it gets to the point where emergency services can't even do their job without worrying about prosecution....

also signed.........

its typical of the tactics of the modern police.......disgusted is an understatement :censor:

Signed a while back :yes:

I live in the :censor: county that haded out the speeding fine and it has the highest death rates on it's roads for any county. So they think doing loads of mobile speed checks and putting cameras all over the place will help. :blink:

Funny thing is if things keep going the way they are this will be the worst year for road deaths in Lincolnshire since 1991 when the were no cameras so do they work? <_<

Simon

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links