Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speakers

b1nda

The standard size is 5" if I remember correctly! But 6.5" fits well and does so in the adaptor that you'll require for fitting Speakers in your doors unless you're handy with MDF!!

It's personal choice on Speakers, but you can't go far wrong with Alpine, Focal, Pioneer or JBL.

If you're doing the fitment yourself... this may help:

My lovely guide on replacing your door speakers!!

The standard size is 5" if I remember correctly! But 6.5" fits well and does so in the adaptor that you'll require for fitting speakers in your doors unless you're handy with MDF!!

It's personal choice on speakers, but you can't go far wrong with Alpine, Focal, Pioneer or JBL.

If you're doing the fitment yourself... this may help:

My lovely guide on replacing your door speakers!!

On that note do u have how to fit rear Speakers, mainly laying the cabel through the car etc

On that note do u have how to fit rear speakers, mainly laying the cabel through the car etc

Ive put some pictures up before about that. Dont think i've removed them from my webspace.

Try a few searches for 'rear speakers'

On reading the threads SEARCH found I think ill take it to a shop to get the wires fitted..i have no car knowledge at all

On reading the threads SEARCH found I think ill take it to a shop to get the wires fitted..i have no car knowledge at all

Getting to the back of the head unit is easy. Undo a few screws, give it a wiggle and :hokus-pokus:

Hi,

Compleatly new to car modding..never done any modding before to my cars..have left them all standard.. so you say 6.5" Speakers will fit, will they fit straight in or do i have to make a adaptor also will 5.25"(13cm) Speakers fit?

..Sorry if all this is a bit obious..but never changed car Speakers before <_<

also which are better Component or Full Range

WEll ive just had the dash apart, run the cables down the car under the correct places wired Speakers up to the box they are mounted in...

BUT BUT BUT

I cant find the rear speaker connections on the &#33;Removed&#33; UNIT :cacker: any ideas folks?

Stupid question but whats the difference between Component & Full Range? and which is best?...AINT GOT A CLUE

I think that it's a better investment to get some Speakers fitted in the back rather than upgrading the door Speakers!

I have recently had mine done......£50 for fitting as I didn't feel so confident to fit them myself!

After having the Speakers fitted the music sounded alot better than what it was before!

Kinda like surround sound!

Plus with some 6*9's you get a little more BASE :D !

WEll ive just had the dash apart, run the cables down the car under the correct places wired speakers up to the box they are mounted in...

BUT BUT BUT

I cant find the rear speaker connections on the &#33;Removed&#33; UNIT  :cacker:  any ideas folks?

If it's the standard Toyota headunit, then you need a wiring loom from toyota to be able to wire up rear Speakers. It's a green loom which separates the other channels... about £8 i think... just ask Toyota for it.

Stupid question but whats the difference between Component & Full Range? and which is best?...AINT GOT A CLUE

Full range, or Coaxial Speakers are all-in-one units with woofer cone, tweeter and in 3-way Speakers a mid-range cone all in one speaker. Component speakers are a separate set, one bass cone and a tweeter in another unit with a cross-over unit foir wiring. Here's an example:

Coaxial:

kfc-hq178.gif

Component:

kfc-p705ie.gif

Coaxial speakers are more convenient and offer a great sound... components require two mounting points (quite easy in Yaris... main unit in door, tweeter i dash) they offer a slightly more detailed sound but are usually more expensive (depends on brand and quality though)

I think that it's a better investment to get some speakers fitted in the back rather than upgrading the door speakers!

I have recently had mine done......£50 for fitting as I didn't feel so confident to fit them myself!

After having the speakers fitted the music sounded alot better than what it was before!

Kinda like surround sound!

Plus with some 6*9's you get a little more BASE :D !

Doing the rears is a very good idea, but i'd concentrate the money and sound on the front of the car... that's where you sit and your ears hera sound better coming from the front than they do with it from the rear!

To anyone considering 6x9's... be wary that they can be overpowering in a sall car which has poor standard speakers at the front!

Also, fitting rears is easy peasy... the sills down the side of the car clip off very easy, then you just run the cables either to the side of the rear seats, or behind the plastic coverings. At the front, the cables can be cable-tied to other cables then just wired up to the head unit!

Hope this helps everyone!

WEll ive just had the dash apart, run the cables down the car under the correct places wired speakers up to the box they are mounted in...

BUT BUT BUT

I cant find the rear speaker connections on the &#33;Removed&#33; UNIT  :cacker:  any ideas folks?

yeah as mentioned, you need a green cable which splits the channels. As the car stands the windscreen Speakers are on one and the door Speakers on another. If you've seen my pictures on the other thread you should be ok to wire it up.

The loom costs £15 and the part number is PZ417-B0240-60. I think some people with non-toyota Speakers snip the correct wire and connect the rear to it.

I had a Kenood CD player fitted and the guy had no time to wire the rear Speakers so i put the wiring down but no idea how to connect it up now i have the wire in place

I had a Kenood CD player fitted and the guy had no time to wire the rear speakers so i put the wiring down but no idea how to connect it up now i have the wire in place

in that case you might need an adaptor for you head unit then. All i have is standard toyota gear so i dont know.

Right... you need to find where the other speaker cables are wired in, then there should be some spare cables/connections on your ISO connector thingy which you should be able to wire up the spakers into.

Actually, just thinking... you might still need the toyota wiring loom if your not amping the rear Speakers as most HU's have only 4 channels and these are taken up by your fronts! The loom will plug into the toyota-ISO adaptor that will have been required for your new headunit to fit!

Right... you need to find where the other speaker cables are wired in, then there should be some spare cables/connections on your ISO connector thingy which you should be able to wire up the spakers into.

Actually, just thinking... you might still need the toyota wiring loom if your not amping the rear speakers as most HU's have only 4 channels and these are taken up by your fronts! The loom will plug into the toyota-ISO adaptor that will have been required for your new headunit to fit!

Oh well think ill have to book it in just to get the wire connected.

I've went for components upfront (Speakers in door, tweeters in dash) and 6x9's on the rear shelf, sounds pretty good if I do say so myself! :D

I want rid of the 6x9's and just want a sub and amp in the boot instead though, apparently that gives you the best sound quality! :thumbsup:

Hi there, i was wondering how you wire up extra Speakers into the yaris head unit?? How do u get to the wiring bit? Does the unit just slide out? Are there any screws to undo??

cheers in advance

Olly :)

There are posts on this kind of thing! :thumbsup: Just search for them or you can use the yaris "how to's" :thumbsup:

Another kind of related question

I have some 6x9's fitted in the back with a stealth shelf

would this sighty increase the value of my car when I come to sell it, or should I just whip it all out?

I think that it would slightly increase the value if I was to sell it privately, but MR T would give me knowt!

......not that im going to sell the car for a while or anything ;)

It may do it may not! mr t wont give you anything for it as you know but a suitable buyer may be willing to pay a higher price for the added 6x9s you never know till you sell it! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

I need one of those PZ417-B0240-60 wiring looms for my install. Would I have to go personally to a toyota dealer, or can I get hold of one online from anywhere?

I need one of those PZ417-B0240-60 wiring looms for my install. Would I have to go personally to a toyota dealer, or can I get hold of one online from anywhere?

Phoned up my nearest dealer and they said it would take a few days to be ordered in, and that I couldn't have it delivered to a home address, they only deliver to a garage. £13.49 exc vat so its over £15 inc vat.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links