Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mp3 Aux In Adapter For Avensis, Verso, Rav4

yeo

I have been searching for some time for an aux adapter into my Corolla Verso headunit (W58810). This is to provide a line in for an mp3 player (not an ipod).

(Tried an FM modulator, but the quality was not good)

I have eventually discovered such an adapter here http://www.dension4u.de/shop/product_info....products_id=705 .

It appears to be suitable for a range of recent headunits:

"Description:

AUX-IN Adapter for all TOYOTA

- Avensis T25 ab 01/2003

- Avensis Verso ACM20 / CLM20

- Corolla E19 from 01/2002

- Corolla Verso R10 from 02/2004

- RAV4 facelift from 2004

- Previa TCR30

- Landcruiser J12

with Panasonic / Matsu****a headunit

z.B. W53901, W58814, W58810."

The website is German based and I have been unable to gain a response by contacting them via email. I am unwilling to order the adapter as the website does not detail a delivery option to the uk.

Has anyone ordered anything from this company? Or could anyone with a grasp of German try to contact the company and see if they deliver to the UK?

hiya

tim abell had posted this info:

I've just bought a Connects2 Aux adapter. Part no VTYX001

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product...?partno=VTYX001

from Halfords over the phone.

http://www.connects2.com/c2stockists.asp

Company : Halfords

Address : Stores nationwide

Telephone : 0800 197 1196

Web : www.soundontop-halfords.co.uk (doesn't work in FireFox)

eMail : Halfords.direct@halfords.co.uk

Took about a week to arrive.

£50.99 all in.

Seems to have all the required cables

the above should be what u want

thom

Hi,

I have a RAV4 XT5 with the full colour Toyota Navigation system head unit. Does anyone know if the Connects 2 Sony NW-HD1 interface will connect to this Head Unit?

Cheers

Hi,

I have a RAV4 XT5 with the full colour Toyota Navigation system head unit. Does anyone know if the Connects 2 Sony NW-HD1 interface will connect to this Head Unit?

Cheers

I have a full color screen sat nav in my 03 CTS which has a cd changer input which is where the connects 2 interfaces so i reckon it should - ask if toyota if yours has an input for a cd changer

Maybe others would know

thom

hiya

tim abell had posted this info:

I've just bought a Connects2 Aux adapter. Part no VTYX001

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product...?partno=VTYX001

from halfords over the phone.

http://www.connects2.com/c2stockists.asp

Company : Halfords

Address : Stores nationwide

Telephone : 0800 197 1196

Web : www.soundontop-halfords.co.uk (doesn't work in FireFox)

eMail : halfords.direct@halfords.co.uk

Took about a week to arrive.

£50.99 all in.

Seems to have all the required cables

the above should be what u want

thom

Thanks for your reply Thom.

However, the above adapter only works with Fujitsu ten / Matsu****a headunits. The Corolla Verso (and I guess the other cars listed in the top post) are fitted with Panasonic head units.

The only place that appears to sell an adapter for the Panasonic headunits is the above listed German website. The only problem is that they do not appear to want to deliver to the UK.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think the above adapter will work. It's a US product, I have already ordered a similar aux adapter by USASpec http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=705 , which doesn't work in my Corolla Verso.

If anyone can make use of the USASpec Aux adapter, let me know, I am sure we can work out a reasonable price.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The IceLink will soon be available for Toyotas, check http://www.densionusa.com/icelink_info_toy.htm

Thanks for that. I have now got and successfully installed the Dension ICE link plus.

It integrates well with my Corolla Verso headunit. Although, at the moment I haven't got the ID3 tag information to show on the headunit. The Dension support section suggests that this should work for Toyotas. I could need a firmware update.

It is interesting to note that the system consists of two parts:

1. The Dension ICE link bit which connects to the ipod

2. A Sony CD changer converter unit which connects to the ICE link and the Verso headunit

I think what is happening is the ICE link doesn't output a Toyota compatible signal, instead it outputs a Sony changer signal. This is then converted to a Toyota signal via the Sony cd changer converter.

For all those that want a simple aux interface the sony cd changer converter does just that. It has RCA inputs that work without having to connect the Dension ICE link.

Where did you buy? Did you install it yourself? Can this be done by someone who has no experience with such things?

I got the adapter from caraudioplus http://www.caraudioplus.co.uk/pp/iPod_Car_...us_Adapter.html

It was very simple to install, it just plugs into the back of the headunit. However, the potentially difficult bit is removing the headunit. Make sure you know how to remove yours before you start, to avoid any unecessary damage to your dash.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeo - i've just picked up a 2005 Corolla Verso T180 - love the car.

I want to fit one of these IcePlus units. Just wondering if you (or anyone else reading) can give some advise on:

1) Exact product choice required for a W58810 headunit

2) How to remove the headunit (I know you need to remove the two strips of trim from either side, but I dont know where to start pulling. Dont want to break it just yet ;-)

Thanks,

Nick

• 2 months later...

If anyone has got detailed instructions on how to remove the headunit that would be much appreciated. Dont really want to pay someone to remove it when given instructions I should be able to do it myself.

If anyone has got detailed instructions on how to remove the headunit that would be much appreciated. Dont really want to pay someone to remove it when given instructions I should be able to do it myself.

If you go to the Toyota Publications webpage and search for accessory installation manuals you can find ones for bluetooth, cd changer, DVD headrest that all show how to remove the radio.

Basically the trims with the air vents clip off and the radio unbolts. but be carefully as you need to release one clip from inside the glovebox.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

I've managed to find it on the website you provided. Many thanks.

Very handy link to have if you ever need to open up your car in anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for that. I have now got and successfully installed the Dension ICE link plus.

It integrates well with my Corolla Verso headunit. Although, at the moment I haven't got the ID3 tag information to show on the headunit. The Dension support section suggests that this should work for Toyotas. I could need a firmware update.

It is interesting to note that the system consists of two parts:

1. The Dension ICE link bit which connects to the ipod

2. A Sony CD changer converter unit which connects to the ICE link and the Verso headunit

I think what is happening is the ICE link doesn't output a Toyota compatible signal, instead it outputs a Sony changer signal. This is then converted to a Toyota signal via the Sony cd changer converter.

For all those that want a simple aux interface the sony cd changer converter does just that. It has RCA inputs that work without having to connect the Dension ICE link.

Hi Yeo,

I've been trawling the web for a solution to get MP3 on my Corolla Verso Head unit and stumbled upon this post.

If you don't mind, I have a couple of questions for you.

You mention in your first post that your MP3 player was not an IPod....Does the Dension ICE link workwith other brands? (I thought they were just for IPod)

Did you ever get the ID3 tag info to show up properly on the Head Unit?

I am trying to find a way to get my new Sony NW-A mp3 player connected to my Touch Screen Navi Head unit :unsure:

I have read that "Connects2" (also mentioned in this post) are working on a car adapter for Sony....however, if their current solutions are anything to go by, they will probably also not offer support for the Panasonic Head Units, rather just the Fujitsu ones.

Anyone got any ideas...it would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Connects2 do an aux-in conector. For the newer versos (06-07) you need part number VTYX002.

Cheapest place I've found so far for this is £33.99 from In Car Express. (http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product...?partno=VTYX002)

I've just ordered one, because I want to connect my TomTom to my car stereo with it, rather than using the FM transmitter. (I've heard thequality is better.) The other cool thing with this set-up is that I can connect my iPod to the TomTom (a 720T) using the TomTom iPod connector cable and play my iPod through the car stereo. (I think this is a better way of soing it than the Toyota iPod car kit, as this way you don't get restricted to only playing playlists, as opposed to albums. The TomTom gives you the same menus as the iPod has.)

Anyway, all this makes it sound like I know what I'm talking about, which is a bit of a lie as I haven't installed it yet. Literally ordered the part now.

Which brings me onto my next point - does anyone have any experience of removing the stereo in a Verso? All looks pretty straightforward except for removing the two vertical strips next to the stereo and air con? It's a new car so I don't want to damage them when I take them off.

Cheers!

Ben

• 6 years later...

I have a 2008 2nd generation Toyota Avensis 2.2 T180 D-Cat with the coloured sat nav unit withand built in CD player. I was surprised to find that this high end unit didn't come with an MP3 connection. I'm looking to get one installed if possible. Any suggestions?

I have a 2008 2nd generation Toyota Avensis 2.2 T180 D-Cat with the coloured sat nav unit withand built in CD player. I was surprised to find that this high end unit didn't come with an MP3 connection. I'm looking to get one installed if possible. Any suggestions?

Sounds like you might have something similar to me perhaps keep an eye on thread I just started here

Getting model number of stereo (should be listed somewhere on the front) would be a good start.

For others connecting devices via a line in, Using an 12volt powered fm transmitter and if you power the source via 12volt line. ie. Two devices both powered from car with audio line connecting I have found I can often get quite a bit of noise due to the created earth loop (same applies with two PCs line out to line in).

Everytime I pull out a stereo now I tend to fit one of these ground loop isolaters inline. They are cheap enough and make a lot of difference to background noise. I have not used them on a Toyota yet but can't hurt. I usually wrap a bit of foam around them so they don't rattle and leave in void under stereo.

I just a thought if your like me and don't really want to pull the stereo out often to make adjustments.

• Like 1

Hi,

I have not seen this company before.

Do you have a part number for the product you require?

I'm guessing that it is the GWL3TO1 and a CABL-AUX

This will allow you to add a MP3 and a USB to your original head unit.

Thanks

Jono

• 3 weeks later...

I bought AUX Link car adapter for my Toyota Corolla almost one year ago. Totally satisfied. Great sound, no technical problems so far. Had to spend more time than I expected to install it, but finally it worked out well (I did the installation myself, but at any service centre you can have it done in no time). I was buying from Aux car kits.

It's an official store so they have lowest prices (at least when I was buying it) and free delivery. As for advantages of AUX Link, it can be also used as a charger and a hands-free kit. Moreover you can control the music using the buttons on the steering wheel or the car radio.

Highly recommended.

• 3 weeks later...
Guys, wanted to tell you about my personal experience. Finally made up my mind to buy AUX Link. I was trying to find the best deal and it's really cheaper to buy it at the official website AUX Car Kits. The adapter was delivered in just five days. At first I decided to try to install it myself, but experienced some problems extracting the OEM car stereo. So finally I had it installed in the nearest auto workshop. It took around 10 minutes. So far totally satisfied with the purchase.

Advantages:

- great sound

- can be used as a charger

- with bluetooth dongle works perfectly as a hands-free kit

- music control with buttons on the steering wheel and buttons on the car stereo (very convenient)

- read all music formats

- compatible with my iOS gadgets, but there is also a plug for other mobile devices

- delivery is free and fast

- takes very little space and doesn't spoil the interior

- now I can listen to all my favourite songs without carrying piles of CDs.

Disadvantages:

- relatively expensive as I also ordered additional bluetooth dongle

- could't easily extract the head unit so had to go to auto workshop

But taking everything into account, I guess it's a good price-quality ratio. So from my point of view it's worth it.