Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gear Knob

on_the_fly

I have always wanted a funky looking gear knob, but, on other cars I have had before the Yaris T2, they have all had collars etc for reverse which made things very complicated.

On the T2 Yaris, is this just a case of unscrew it and put one of your choice, if so will any gear know fit IE. Is it a standard screw thread etc ?

Advice please :group-cuddles:

Yep, i changed mine not so long ago! (Though i did buy a proper Toyota one, but plenty of people have put other brands on too!)

Unscrew, the gaitor clips in from underneath, so if you want to change that you have to unclip the centre plastic trim and fit it, then just screw the new knob on providing it fits the thread!

Easy Peasy! :thumbsup:

yea t sport gear knobs are stupidly expensive, bet u could make a fair bit on one actually, just keep ur eye out for any T pots in brakers yards ** note to self :bookworm:

Ive got a carbon balled shaped one - they just unscrew.

Most of the aftermarket ones come with three little grubs screws that you use to tighten up the actual collar.

I have a inbuilt fear of everything eBay :cacker: .

I will do a search see if I can find anything in the local area to Bristol.

Thanks all, now to find that dream knob 8-Ball

I have a inbuilt fear of everything EBAY  :cacker: .

Don't be afraid of what is essentially God-Like!

I LOVE eBay and my feedback reflects this! Technophobe!!!! :lol:

I have a inbuilt fear of everything EBAY  :cacker: .

Don't be afraid of what is essentially God-Like!

I LOVE eBay and my feedback reflects this! Technophobe!!!! :lol:

LOL I am ex senior techy guy for a BIG ISP so I am very far from a tecnophobe, I know exactly what can go wrong and had to fix it, and ive had to build securty stuff for that ISP so im in the knowledge big time on eBay

LOL I am ex senior techy guy for a BIG ISP so I am very far from a tecnophobe, I know exactly what can go wrong and had to fix it, and ive had to build securty stuff for that ISP so im in the knowledge big time on EBAY

Ah, i am but a humble IT Technical Officer, i know nothing of course :P

LOL I am ex senior techy guy for a BIG ISP so I am very far from a tecnophobe, I know exactly what can go wrong and had to fix it, and ive had to build securty stuff for that ISP so im in the knowledge big time on EBAY

Ah, i am but a humble IT Technical Officer, i know nothing of course :P

Going a little off topic I see!

I brought a Richbrook titainium touring gear knob of eBay, quite pleased with it to!

You just simply unscrew it - anti clockwise I think and thats it!

To fit my richbrook one I just put it on and tightend up the three small screws with the allen key provided and thats it!

I have also brought the gear shaft thing to, to match but im waiting for it to come in the post :D !

Heya just thought i would have a quick look for the 8 ball gear knobs and if you dont mind ordering from USA you can get some real cheap!

Here is the cheaper of the two i found from the states And Here is the big daddy of one actually made from a real 8 ball!

Theres loads on eBay aswell (shock horror)

P.S. There is a dice gear knob there that might interest dicey2k!

I've got a silver 1 with blue flashing lights, didnt fit it for ages & forgot why I actually bought it but didn't want to just bin it.

I fitted it 1 morning, went out & about, kept pressin the button 2 make the lights flash by accident, ended up going to my mates for a bit. When I came out it was dark & I was driving along, pressed it without realising, saw the flashing lights & thought it was a police car or something.

T-Spirit has a smooth leather finish.

T-Sport has a dimpled effect finish.

yaris9_gall_800.jpg

That's the one i have, its the T-Spirit one for sure! :thumbsup:

The T-Spirit one is the same as the one in the Yaris Blue's & Colour Collections too.

I also have a fear of eBay too! Glad I'm not alone :P

Ive got a momo one. dont like it much-thinking of changing it. Graeme has a nice tenzo R carbon fibre one (real carbon fibre!!) which is really stunning!

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links