Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Tyres

Mosrite

obviously you do, either than or have poor clutch control.

Vipes.

No, seriously, it is a problem in the wet. I'm not joking and I can control the clutch in my car perfectly well...

I've had both types of tyres (GT2s and B391s) on my 1.0S and then two identical D-4Ds, one on B391s and one on GT2s. On both cars there has been a marked difference (negative) in the handling of the vehicles and in their ability to pull away from junctions in the wet. No silly driving, no dicking around.

I wouldn't be making such a big thing of this if I wasn't 100% sure I'm right :huh:

Please feel free to have a try of my car the next time you're passing...

Alan

I can agree with you on that Al........the GT2's are quite easy to spin in the wet......and before anyone starts about bad clutch control........think......MMT

I do not rev my car hard when pulling away...........it is not necessary :thumbsup:

I would have to agree about the Yokos.... good tyres in the dry... stick like anything... not so good in the wet... and dont last a hugely long time (in tyre terms) pending on how you drive :P

Thats what was on my Yaris before she moved on

I've never experienced a problem with the Goodyears myself, although Rich is quite up on his tyres and he's recommended that when they need replacing, to replace them with a different brand - he personally doesnt rate the Goodyears, but I've not noticed any real problems with them, bit slippy in the wet.... but nothing out of the ordinary!

If all these tyres are so easy to break friction...then surely their stopping power is extremely poor to?

Don't the manufactures test them? are they not accountable?

As the tyre being the only contact with the road you'd think there would be specific regs govening their effectivness.

sure you get the Traction / Wear / Speed ratings ... what is the Traction rating on afore mentioned tyres? Z?! If A then as users we should be going back and telling them they are pap..and to change them to something that is safe.

Vipes

B391's are a !Removed! good price with Gold discount too!

:D

How much should I be looking at fitting?

For 4 Gnome, £20 I'd say! :thumbsup:

Davy is the best person to ask though.

I got 2 B391's for £88 fitted once! :thumbsup:

£20 for all 4?

I was looking at the link Matthew put up for the tyres in Gold forums, and they were a good price, even before discount!

DAVY!!!

WHERE ARE YOU???

I love the std Bridgestone potenzas that came on my t sport, tried to get them for my new rims but apparently they dont make them in that size! So gotta go for toyo t1r's

£20 for all 4?

I was looking at the link Matthew put up for the tyres in Gold forums, and they were a good price, even before discount!

DAVY!!!

WHERE ARE YOU???

I'm here... :lol:

At our work we charge 8 quid for fitting tyres upto 15" diameter.. and 10 quid for bigger tyres.. price includes new valve, balancing and VAT.. don't pay more that 10 quid a tyre... certainly worth shopping around.. our local s***-fit charges 16 quid per tyre :eek:

........sure you get the Traction / Wear / Speed ratings ... what is the Traction rating on afore mentioned tyres? Z?!  If A then as users we should be going back and telling them they are pap..and to change them to something that is safe.

Vipes

Also on the sidewall, you might find the following info embossed in the rubber.

The temperature rating - an indicator of how well the tyre withstands heat buildup. "A" is the highest rating; "C" is the lowest.

The traction rating - an indicator of how well the tyre is capable of stopping on wet pavement. "A" is the highest rating; "C" is the lowest.

The tread-wear rating - a comparative rating for the useful life of the tyre's tread. A tire with a tread-wear rating of 200, for example, could be expected to last twice as long as one with a rating of 100. Tread-wear grades typically range between 60 and 600 in 20-point increments. It is important to consider that this is a relative indicator, and the actual life of a tyre's tread will be affected by quality of road surfaces, type of driving, correct tyre inflation, proper wheel alignment and other variable factors. In other words, don't think that a tread-wear rating of 100 means a 30,000 mile tyre.

Davy.

obviously you do, either than or have poor clutch control.

Vipes.

Thanks for the, er, "compliment" - I don't do either actually.

I can agree with you on that Al........the GT2's are quite easy to spin in the wet......and before anyone starts about bad clutch control........think......MMT

I do not rev my car hard when pulling away...........it is not necessary :thumbsup:

See even MMT gets it, it's not a big problem for me but it does happen that's all - but it doesn't happen every time in the wet.

what sort of mileage you getting out of front tyres then ? i got 14000 out of original brigeys , now ive got yokos im only going to get 6-8000 if im lucky is that the general feeling ... :(

The harder the compound, the more miles you get.. but you loose a little on grip. The softer the compound the more grip you get, but you loose out on the mileage. Every car is different and even two identical cars can get different mileage with identical tyres.

The best advice i can give is.. if you are happy with the mileage, performance and price of your current tyres, stick with them :thumbsup: in your case.. i would go back to Bridgestones.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links