Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speed Cameras

jdbecks

that site is so funny....people trying to get away with speeding!

If you get caught........your caught, enough said!

9 times out of ten i would agree with you. However there is more and more evidence coming to the fore which suggests that a very large number of motorists are being wrongly accused and subsequently fined purely on false readings and incorrectly used equipment. I think if you`re genuinely convinced that you`re in the right you should fight it. :yes:

• 1 month later...

Its been almost two months since I got flashed, how long do I have to wait before I find out when I have to goto court? I will be home for ony five days til the of the year

2 weeks if you've been given a verbal by the plod.

If it's a scamera, it can be upto 3 months I believe...

Or vice versa, I can't remember....

I watched someone go throught a "red light camera" while the lights were on green, and it flashed (it was dark and you cant miss the bright light!!), he was doing way over the speed limit but i didnt think that mattered on those! just as long as you didnt go through the lights on red.  :huh:  :unsure:

I'm sure I read somewhere that some lights cameras can also detect excess speed.

I watched someone go throught a "red light camera" while the lights were on green, and it flashed (it was dark and you cant miss the bright light!!), he was doing way over the speed limit but i didnt think that mattered on those! just as long as you didnt go through the lights on red.  :huh:  :unsure:

I'm sure I read somewhere that some lights cameras can also detect excess speed.

Yeah they measure the speed in which you cross the line to see if you were speeding to get through.... thats so, if you cross the line at crawling pace while its on red, you wont get proscuted, as it's proven you werent going fast and were slowing down for the red light

If you get Flashed, either from behind or in front, your picture taken by the plod miles away on a bridge :ph34r::ph34r:

Then they have 14 days to issue the NIP "Notice of Intended Prosecution" if you where driving a company car they have longer to send it.. :eek:

This is what I have had in the past (all clear now NIL POINTS) and you will see this on some of the speed camera sites.... Used to live in Nothants and they breed cameras and stealth police who are trained to hide behind walls and in bushes :censor:

Snooper has come to my aid now though... I dont speed intentionally but its nce to get a gentle warning so I can keep aware of what I'm doing and not always looking at my speedo....

Yeah they measure the speed in which you cross the line to see if you were speeding to get through.... thats so, if you cross the line at crawling pace while its on red, you wont get proscuted, as it's proven you werent going fast and were slowing down for the red light

Red light cameras can still get you even at crawling speed. If you cross the white line when the light is red, you have broken the law. People have been done for jumping a red light whilst getting out of the way of emergency vehicles!

Quite a few red light cameras are also gatsos, and they can do you for speeding as well - even when the lights are green.