Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris? And Advise...first Car.

yannis

I am having second thoughts about buying the "old" yaris now that I've driven the Aygo 1.0 which didn't impress me at all and after having seen the pics of the new yaris (Vitz) which I again doesn't feel like a Yaris to me...

Why would you avoid the 1.3 automatic model? That's my first obvious choice as I don't like driving manuals.

End of the day, your money your choice.

You want an automatic and you want a ‘powerful car’

Maybe you should be looking at other manufacturers.

thanks Reece...you are the sensible one...but at the end of the day when you buy something is how you feel about it (not only what you think of it)...and the little Aygo didn't feel like a good choice to me...

The 1l is a brill car but lacks oomph. I had one for 2 weeks when my Tsport was written off b4 getting another one. If i were you id test drive the 1L then test drive the T-Sport and by that time you wont need our help deciding... it should be aparent. Dont get an Aygo thingy bobber, they look !Removed!.

greetings,

I am thinking of buying my first proper/real car and I am in a dillema between the Yaris 1.3 MMT and the Aygo MMT. I love the design of the Aygo but my only problem with it is is low power (only 1.0). Everybody tells me that this is even less powerful when you go for an automatic. On the other hand, the Gemcar dealer gives me a good deal for the 1.3 automatic yaris, which I like a lot but I am not really dying for.

yannis

Yannis the MMT Yaris is ONLY available with the 1.0 litre engine.......the 1.3 that you refer to is an ordinary automatic, which in my opinion is best avoided.

The 1.0 litre Yaris MMT is a terrific car to drive and I think you will not be dissapointed with it if you got one....they are not slow....believe me :yes:

The 1.0 litre Aygo MMT is however cheaper but quite a bit smaller than the Yaris.

It is your money.......therefore your choice.....Good Luck....and welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

I am having second thoughts about buying the "old" yaris now that I've driven the Aygo 1.0 which didn't impress me at all and after having seen the pics of the new yaris (Vitz) which I again doesn't feel like a Yaris to me...

Why would you avoid the 1.3 automatic model? That's my first obvious choice as I don't like driving manuals.

thanks

yannis

Yannis, the MMT Yaris is only available in the 1.0 litre.

The 1.3 Litre Automatic is a conventional automatic NOT an MMT

(In a conventional automatic you do not get the choice of manually sequentially shifting gears that you do with the MMT transmission........the standard automatic 1.3 suffers from the poor acceleration and poor economy that standard auto boxes became known for........thats why in my opinion they are best avoided)

Yannis,  the MMT Yaris is only available in the 1.0 litre.

The 1.3 Litre Automatic is a conventional automatic NOT an MMT

(In a conventional automatic you do not get the choice of manually sequentially shifting gears that you do with the MMT transmission........the standard automatic 1.3 suffers from the poor acceleration and poor economy that standard auto boxes became known for........thats why in my opinion they are best avoided)

thanks...yeap now I know the difference between the two...i felt happy with it though...I felt it was driving much nicer than the Aygo MMT 1.0...I need to do a little more test driving...only problem is that the dealer I have found only lets me do one ride with him in the car...Maybe I should be a bit more aggressive and ask for more test driving time...but the attitude I get is "OK, we let you drive it once, now come and buy the car"

How much can you push them for test drives. I want to test a couple of cars before I feel confident with going ahead with it and I may decide to wait until January if I don't make up my mind to buy now.

Although I seem to like the current Yaris 1.3 automatic and if I get a good deal I may go for it.

yannis

[Hi, I passed my test in Nov 04 and bought a T-spirit auto (cool Ice Blue!!) and has 1.3 engine. It's fab and I love it! Would have liked a larger boot, but hey, you can't have everything!

[Hi, I passed my test in Nov 04 and bought a T-spirit auto (cool Ice Blue!!) and has 1.3 engine. It's fab and I love it! Would have liked a larger boot, but hey, you can't have everything!

i think i would love it too...but they just released officially pics of the new yaris http://www.whatcar.com/News_Article.asp?NA_ID=216886 which looks quite nicer than the other pics I've seen, which in turn makes hold my breath and buy the !Removed! thing in January it's only 5 months to that...the new one should have a larger boot from what they say...sorry Venice ;)

yannis

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links