Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav-4 Luggage Cover (mk 1)

RichardR

I've noticed quite a bit of discussion on here about the luggage cover for the current model RAV, but this sounds positively cutting edge compared to the piece of vinyl strung over the boot in the Mk 1 version!

As a new owner, I was wondering whether anyone's managed to come up with a better solution to Toyota's original half-ubikd version. Even if there was just somewhere to click the bar out of the way that'd be an improvement, but some sort of roller blind would be the best option if available.

Here's hoping...

Just out of interest, can anyone confirm that the luggage cover on our RAV is a standard Toyota unit, as it seems like such a Heath Robinson setup? It's basically a piece of vinyl type material that has 4 holes to fit onto the headrest pillars on the back seat and a spring loaded bar on the other side (like the arrangement in a loo roll holder!) that fits into the screw hole indentations either side of the rear door opening.

It also has a couple of poppers on the corners of the material nearest the door but nothing that I can see to attach them to, which is another reason I'm wondering whether it's not standard fit. <_<

Funny that, mines got the poppers too. They annoyed me rattling, so I cut them off. Couldn't work out what they are supposed to do either!

Funny that, mines got the poppers too.  They annoyed me rattling, so I cut them off.  Couldn't work out what they are supposed to do either!

I still find it difficult to believe that Toyota came up with such a naff design, and the mystery poppers give the impression that someone's just found a bit of material from something else and thought 'this seems to fit - it'll do'!