Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Places To Mount Incar Screens

mrtitty

any good places to mount screens in the yaris. Ideally i dont want to cut any holes in a nice new dash!

Just bought dvd player and 2 screens for £129 on bid up tv! Just wondering where is best to put them. Ideally want one in the front and one in the back somewhere

Most people normally do custom sun visors and fit the screens in there - or alternatively in the back of the front seat head rests....

There was a thread a while back about fitting screens into the back of head rests - try doing a search to help you fit them!

Shaz (Blaze)'s boyfriend Darren (Daz364) has mini screens in his Yaris' sun visors - maybe PM either her or Darren for info on how to fit them?

Or you could install a nice flip out screen just under the speedo

Oops, forgot you lot had that stupid trip computer there :P

Hi,

as RossP said, if u dont have the trip computer as mine, u can fix the screen under the speedo. I did my own support which slides in the spacing just under the space reserved for trip computer. Then I fix my screen onto this support. No damage to yr dash and easily removed if the need arises. Here goes pics:

gal8.jpg

gal34.jpg

Cheers

Ismael

that looks good.

I have just bought a stand so i can put it somewhere on the dash, has splayed plastic feet so it can go on the curvey dash.

Just need to find a place for the rear one now and where to put the DVD player. I am thinking either under passenger seat or in glove box depending on where the cables will stretch to. have searched but couldnt find any installs in yarii!

• 2 weeks later...

I mounted my touchscreen on the sun visor, but had to remove it. I'm looking around the car to see if there is a better place to put the screen.

I might have to sell it and buy one which is built in to a sunvisor, unless if any one has got a spare O/S sunvisor that I can cut into

I cut a wooden surround for my dvd player and mounted it in the glovebox! screens are built into the visors, I think ya can buy velcro adaptors to attach them to the headrest/visor on eBay!

Dscf0001.jpg

22.jpg

:thumbsup:

Just bought dvd player and 2 screens for £129 on bid up tv!  Just wondering where is best to put them.  Ideally want one in the front and one in the back somewhere

Ah my Mum is a fan of Bid-Up!!

When did you pick the car up? Last time I saw you post you had just brought it...

Off topic for a second but have you been anywhere near Rayleigh Toyota recently at all?

i fully paid off the car 2 days ago, will collect as soon as insurance comes through as Toyota are taxing the car for me.

No i havent been there latley, i upset a salesman by taking my business to chelmsford.

The screens havent turned up yet, so i am not a bid-up fan!

i fully paid off the car 2 days ago, will collect as soon as insurance comes through as Toyota are taxing the car for me.

No i havent been there latley, i upset a salesman by taking my business to chelmsford.

The screens havent turned up yet, so i am not a bid-up fan!

Are you getting a years tax? I totally forgot to check mine so when I got her she only had 4 months of tax left as they did her a 6 month disc from new in January and I got her in March..

I thought bid-up were good at sending their stuff out, we've never had any problems..did you order them a while ago?

yes, a years tax, can hopefully pick up the car soon!. I ordered them the day this post started, so nearly 2 weeks now.

Where in thurrock u from? i work in lakeside.

how come this hasn't been moved? I post someting about fitting a in dash monitor to a yaris and earlp moved it and then changes what i write.

yes, a years tax, can hopefully pick up the car soon!.  I ordered them the day this post started, so nearly 2 weeks now.

Where in thurrock u from? i work in lakeside.

That's a long time, have you chased it up with them yet??

I'm in Grays itself so only 10 mins from Lakeside thanks to allthe traffic lights on the way, often am up there as it's so near and I can get what I want. You live in Canvey don't you?

how come this hasn't been moved?  I post someting about fitting a in dash monitor to a yaris and earlp moved it and then changes what i write.

Maybe because this one is more Yaris Related regarding the places in a Yaris to install them and yours was about what model to get?

Actually just remembered we're taking things a bit off topic now which isn't appreciated on here <_< :(

I cut a wooden surround for my dvd player and mounted it in the glovebox! screens are built into the visors, I think ya can buy velcro adaptors to attach them to the headrest/visor on ebay!

Dscf0001.jpg 

22.jpg

What a TOP JOB you have done there :thumbsup: !

yeah that does look good!

I Just need a place to fit the rear screen now, i have seen some adjustable arms that fit to the headrest arms, might go for one of them so it is removable when people are not in the back.

I now own a Black 54 plate Tsport with 9000 miles :D

and yes i am from canvey, so will often be seen flying up the A13.

I now own a Black 54 plate Tsport with 9000 miles  :D

and yes i am from canvey, so will often be seen flying up the A13.

I'm on it 4 days a week going too & coming back from work in Basildon - 54 Plate Ice Blue with a sticker at the top of the rear windscreen saying "Toyotaownersclub.com" & devil horns on the 'yota batches..can't miss her lol

Might see you around some time lol :lol:

Shaz (Blaze)'s boyfriend Darren (Daz364) has mini screens in his Yaris' sun visors - maybe PM either her or Darren for info on how to fit them?

Thanks hun! :D We have our xbox in the car which will probably be replaced by the ps2 in the near future so ours aren't in the glove box! Where would i put my makeup??!

Its all hidden away and the look pretty good and theyre pretty good quality aswell! Was nice to watch little britain at JAE when it went quiet! :lol:

You wire them in yourself, if so how long did it take?  :thumbsup:

Yeah did it myself, took me a while because I was at uni most of the time, but would only take a couple of days (if that) to wire up and get all tidy etc., its all just power and video cables!