Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T-sports Owners

ronnyboy696

t sport owners. are the t sports limited in speed. i was told they stop at 125mph. dont know if this is true. thanks

Top speed is 118mph, however they will go faster than that. Cars will always go faster than their "top speed"

But anyone who has and who admits to going faster than that on a public road is very silly, not only to have done it, but also to admit they have on a public forum! :rolleyes:

well i can honsetly say ive never gone over 118 mph on a public road, so that makes me ok right?

the car is limited by gearing and revs. if it wont rev more it wont go faster.

well i can honsetly say ive never gone over 118 mph on a public road, so that makes me ok right?

the car is limited by gearing and revs. if it wont rev more it wont go faster.

You see thats where your wrong -obviously if a 100bhp car can do 100mph 6k rpm in 5th then the same car tuned to 160 bhp at 6k rpm can do 160 -no it cant, same revs, same final drive, same top speed... am i old n stupid or do i just not get it??

no your right

bhp has got sod all to determine top speed, its all to do with gear ratios

even assuming infinitely variable gearing, you'll need a square of the power to double the speed.

even assuming infinitely variable gearing, you'll need a square of the power to double the speed.

I think you meant that to double the speed you need four times the power ... in fact to double the speed you need *eight* times the power :eek:

The drag on the car is approximately quadratic,

drag = constant x speed x speed

Since

power = drag x speed

then

power = constant x speed x speed x speed

The power relationship is cubic. (Ok, we are talking about aerodynamic drag and neglecting rolling resistance.)

For most cars, the rev limit is not the factor which determines the top speed, as most cars cannot reach the red line in their highest gear. If the Yaris can hit the redline in top, it has unusually short gearing compared to most cars out there.

Cheers

Paul.

this is why ya shound be in GOLD, its only £25 so go on support the club :thumbsup: .i think a simple rule that people use when there up round the 200mhp mark is for every 1mph hour increase you need 10 times the bhp increase, e.g

200mph=500bhp

210mph=(10x10bhp)+500bhp=600bhp

so to increase by just 10mph hour you need an extra 100bhp, its prob something the same multiple around 100mph, as i can say for mine, i increaed 13mph for a 36bhp increase. she now tops out at a certain seed but yea as rob said even if i slapped in a 1.8 vvtl-i into her,she is already at the top speed of the gear ratios so even with an extra 80bhp and the same gearbox she will still top out at the same speed.

EDIT: :lol: like paul said, since i got the turbo fitted it will hit the red line in top, i`d say the rev limit and the gearratio in mine now are spot on the same. but yea no STANDARD yaris will hit the rev limit in top :thumbsup:

t sport owners. are the t sports limited in speed.

Yeah...

70mph maximum on the motorway.... OK?

:thumbsup:

yeh right how many people stick to 70mph all the time on motorways??? Now be honest. None of this 'im a saint crap'...

some good input paul and cam! :yes:

in another aspect if you modified the ratios that made the final drive at +200mph that is also theoretically possible, but the engine would not be able to turn it, this would be down to a torque factor.

Massive ratios would require a much higher 'turning force' to operate the gear box.

it may be possible although i am unsure (back in my theoretical world :D ) if you had say... a 10 speed gearbox, but with 10ratios close to each other but increasingly taking you past a potential 200mph, in that way youd change gear at the same intervals, albeit more often, but he wheels turning will help keep things going and aid the torque through the next ratio to keep the car accelerating... maybe...

if you want to test the ratio theory, go on GT4 buy a yaris and fit the full gearbox customisation, then alter the gear ratios as LONG as they will go, if you work out final drive, redline rpm, and all that i would have thought it would come close to something insane (as its pretty accurate believe it or not) but then try and drive it...! youll find itll probably get to 100mph in 2nd before it dies and cant get no furthar

yeh right how many people stick to 70mph all the time on motorways??? Now be honest. None of this 'im a saint crap'...

Some people do actually stick to 70 mph all the time on Motorways! Seeing as it's the speed limit aswell..

any one go over 120mph??< standard t-sport!

no one on here would admit it even if they have.

any one go over 120mph??< standard t-sport!

join gold and you'll see the truth of all this as its not public,

but me i genreally drive at 60mph to save fuel and my liecense and my life

Cough - Speeding is for supervised Tracks :yes: ONLY - OK folks?

good to go 125 then it stops, need new final drive. trd do one for the vitz. and i believe its if you have enough torque and the right gearing you can go as fast as that gearing will take you.

in all honesty you dont really need it, we have mile away speed cameras round my way so you have to be a nutter to speed on the roads where its possible to reach that speed. :thumbsup:

If any of you can get 120mph out of the T Sport you are doing pretty &#33;Removed&#33; well. It starts to run out of breathat 110mph. Remember it only has 105BHP. No way it can do 120mph.

If any of you can get 120mph out of the T Sport you are doing pretty &#33;Removed&#33; well.  It starts to run out of breathat 110mph.  Remember it only has 105BHP.  No way it can do 120mph.

a 1.2 clio can do 110 apparently

Jay

If any of you can get 120mph out of the T Sport you are doing pretty &#33;Removed&#33; well.  It starts to run out of breathat 110mph.  Remember it only has 105BHP.  No way it can do 120mph.

its true though, you can.

of course they can do 120mph book speed is 118mph :wacko: and as for the clio they are rapid for what they are had one for a courtesy car

Some people do actually stick to 70 mph all the time on Motorways! Seeing as it's the speed limit aswell..

Yeah, there's no way any1s taking my licence off me for the sake of a couple of minutes a day