Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick Question

Kev Mc

Basically, my car's going into a bodyshop to get some scratches & minor dents fixed tomorrow, I'm thinking about getting the mirrors painted too. How much would I be looking at to get this done? I'm thinking they might do it a bit cheaper seems as they're already mixing the paint etc.

Also, does any1 have any before & after pics of this?

Ta

Not sure how much its gonna cost to do the mirrors but it depends on how they are repairing the scratches i guess.

As for before and after .. here's how mine looked.

DSC00856s.JPG

DSC00873s.JPG

Get them done mate ... it makes a big difference!

:thumbsup:

I had mine colour coded before i replaced them.. no point posting pics though, because the car is black and the mirrors were that black plastic before.. so didn't look much different.. but it won't cost that much.. mine got done for free when i had the kit fitted.

Get it done.. you won't regret it, makes a difference :thumbsup:

I'll never understand why Toyota dont colour code all wing mirrors and bumpers - they make the cars look so much nicer!

Do it, its well worth it! :thumbsup:

Yeah.....I must admit that it does make the car look alot better !

If you get a price let us know as a rough guide kinda thing  :thumbsup: !

That's what I'm after, he might say "its £_____ for what we agreed, but £____ if you want the mirrors doing", if I know what I'd normally be paying I'd be able to tell if I was getting a good deal or not.

Try not to laugh too much but would it just be the bit of the mirror that you push close to the car so they dont stick out much or would it also be the bit that its attached to, just behind the triangular bit with gs on, if that makes sense?

i'm having my entire car resprayed..costing me £700..but the dude is charging me £50 for the wing mirrors.

Try not to laugh too much but would it just be the bit of the mirror that you push close to the car so they dont stick out much or would it also be the bit that its attached to, just behind the triangular bit with gs on, if that makes sense?

I'd personally just get the bit that pushes in colour coded but get the whole lot done if you like, its up to you really! :thumbsup:

Well, I'd just get the 'pushes in bit' done as that's what Toyota do on the Yarii that have colour coded mirrors. That triangular bit they're fastened to is the corner of the window and might look a bit odd if painted in my opinion. Oh and as for price, I seem to remember £40-50 quoted somewhere here before.

I reckon you should look for less than that if they're doing other work anyway. :yes:

Thanks for the replies, I took it in earlier on & he said he'd do them for £30 so I told him to do it, cant really argue with that. I'm just getting the bit that pushes in as advised.

Pics coming soon

i'm having my entire car resprayed..costing me £700..but the dude is charging me £50 for the wing mirrors.

why are u getting the whole car resprayed? its only a 2001. im guessing its not at toyota

Jay

Firstly, i wouldn't give toyota my car, find them to be morons. secondly my car was involved in an accident before i got it. so the twit who sprayed the rear end, didn't prep the bodywork. The back end looked a different colour and fading. so i was getting tired of people making remarks about my car. so i had it completely sprayed and it's being picked up today at 4:30pm