Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help : Cts Dashboard Question

mr_miller

Hi guys,

Can someone please clear something up for me hopefully before friday :-D. Thats when the Garage are having it back, for a check.

Bought a 51 CTS (pre-facelift) about a month ago, and I've had niggling problems with the VSC. I was told to

get the wheels perfectly straight

disconnect the Battery for 30 minutes

re-connect and let the VSC re-calibrate itself.

The dealership thought that the Battery went dead there and the wheels weren't straight when they restarted it. This seems to have cleared up the problem (the VSC turned itself off when driving in a straight line above 60mph).

The only issue is that when i turn on the lights the dashboard illumination dims, but is full brightness when the lights are off. Is this normal, as I can't remember?

Its driving me as mad as the !Removed! reversing bleeper.

Loving the CTS though, much better than the bro's almera GTI although hes just getting a super supra... grrr

Also what experiences do people have with tyres? I'm thinking Pirellis...

Thanks in advance.

Mr Miller

The only issue is that when i turn on the lights the dashboard illumination dims, but is full brightness when the lights are off.  Is this normal, as I can't remember? 

Mr Miller

Hiya

I have a 05 colour collection corolla so not 100% sure if they gonna be the same but my dash board dims once the light are turned on and are at full brightness when the lights are off so i dont think anything is wrong with it.

With the TSport. The dash illumination can be adjusted when the lights are on. If you have a look in the manual it will tell you how. Its easier if you read it for yourself than me explain how but you use the counter reset button to do it.

Cheers nick, I'll have a look tonight. I did have a peruse of the manual, but its not very good for the T-Sport. For instance to open the boot, pull the boot release lever under the Driver Seat. There isn't one is the T-Sport!!!!

Ta.

Wahoo thought I'd give it a go now. Simply press and hold after the trip B ODO reading, without starting the Engine!

Cheers One and All.

Mucho Gracias.

Hi

I don't find the original Bridgestone tyres too bad. Mine are still going at 25,000 miles (but have been rotated round once).

Not all tyre manufacters do tyres for the standard sized T Sport alloy wheels.

(R16 195/55)

Pb

:wacko:

One other thing.

I once had a go in a Almera Gti early version in about 1997. It had much better steering as being only 2.5 to 2.7 turns lock to lock & hydraulic. Unlike the Corolla's 3.5 turns lock to lock (3.2 on new ones) & being electic doesn't help either.

Pb

• 6 months later...

Was looking for tyres for my rolla and have heard that toyo have very impressive ones though more expensive then other makes.

i think toyo have a very soft compound which means great grip but they won't last long

with value for money in mind something like continental or bridgestone will last much longer

I think the Toyo's are :-

Toyo T1s = soft compound

Toyo T1r = harder (than the S) compound

I have T1r 205x50x16 which are streets ahead of the completely rubbish Bridgestone Turanza's that came as standard. They came as standard on my MX5 as well and I threw them away after 10,000 miles and put Goodyear Eagle F1's on that. I only realised how bad the Turanza's were when I had new rubber on, before that I only 'thought' they were rubbish ;)

The F1 is probably the best tyre I've ever had on a car.

Snert

if you can get them in the size, i'd go for michelin pilot sports every time, they last a long time, wet weather performance isn't great but in the dry they rool.

if you are after wet performance i agree with snert, eagle F1