Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scratched Headlight

Yaris-Nut

Today i inherited a scratch on one of my headlights after coming back from lunch at Tesco's! :angry: Must have been a trolley or a key or something, but the scratch is fairly deep and enough to feel it.

Just want to know if there's any good ways of removing the scratch to the headlight, as its plastic and all. Any tips and advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

I doubt you'll be able to get rid mate! :(

If I were you I'd start saving up for some new T-Sport headlights with the black masks in them! :D :thumbsup:

Damn, thats not what i wanted to hear. :(

Is there no way of smoothing it out or making it less obvious?

Is that stuff similar to scratchX that u can get for paintwork? Cos i have something like that already, just not sure if it will work on the headlight though.

Anyway, thanks mate, i will give it a try! :thumbsup:

Don’t know mate but it is a specific plastic polishing paste I never heard of the other stuff.

try using a really fine grade wet and dry, get it from halfrauds and almost anywhere follwed by plastic scratch polish (as mentioned above) should remove it no probs :thumbsup:

W&D will make it go misty regardless of how fine it is

i used it on mine and worked a treat

what u need to do is sand out the scratch with 1500 grit wet and dry then buff it up then very carefully skim over the area with a blowtorch (this heats the plastic and makes any minor scores go away) then ur sorted.

Not sure if itll work on the light - but years ago I used to use rubbing compound for this sort of thing. Its a sort of putty that has extremely fine grit in it that smooths out scratches.

Worth a try mate - our local place stocks it if you cant find any - PM me if need be.

try the putty but not the blow torch, not worth it if your unsure on using one

i agree its not a good idea if ur not sure what your doing but i tried it out on a few bits of spare plastc i sanded and got the hang of it and it worked a treat