Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Scion Xa Xb

TSpot

Hello mates,

As far as I know, the Scion xA / xB shares the same engine as the Yaris TS - the 1nz-fe.

Question is - if I get the Blitz supercharger in the US, would it fit to my Yaris or is it different? It costs 3000-3300$, so it's 25% cheaper then in the UK.

What do you think?

As im sure someone who knows more about these things than me will say is that you have to take into consideration the Import tax and the shipping (if at all possible) that you will have to pay to get it here which will probably make it not much cheaper if not more expensive once you have got it fitted here aswell! On the fitment itself i wouldnt know but there may be a problem with some of the accompanying parts. For example if there is an ecu add on of some sort it comes with it may not be compatible with your yaris. If your serious about getting one fitted i think your best bet is getting it fitted here (even better would be to get the TTe one of course!) (even better stil a turbo :P)

I'm importing it anyway - not a UK resident.

I almost gave it up until I thought of this option. I thought to custom build a turbo - get a turbo charger and fit the pipes and change the computer configuration with a friend who's experienced. But though it's still much more expensive, I'm still thinking about getting a supercharger.

also although unit fits engine, few running issues, fueling.. remapping etc, for a charger ur best option is TTE

First question is: would it fit under a Yaris hood - I understand the answer to this is positive.

Second question is: ECU and staff - my car was produced in Japan and uses 95 fuel. What are the fueling problems you refer to in the UK?

I couldn't find a TTE charger in the US, and buying it in UK or Germany would be more expensive than getting the Blitz from the US. That's why I'm considering this option - I'd also prefer the TTE.

Thanks a lot.

scion and yaris engine bays are different, theres no guarentee it will fit, all yaris tsports are produced in japan, but the blitz charger is suited to the vitz ECU and i presume the xb one is suited to the xb ecu.

Thanks.

There's one more think I'm interested in, which is the quickshifter. Has anyone tried installing it and can report the change?

Also - where would be the best place to find out whether the scion gear and the TS gear are based on the same platform? I spoke with TRD USA today, and they couldn't advise.

Thanks.

There's one more think I'm interested in, which is the quickshifter. Has anyone tried installing it and can report the change?

Also - where would be the best place to find out whether the scion gear and the TS gear are based on the same platform? I spoke with TRD USA today, and they couldn't advise.

The TRD Quickshifter for the xB is the TRD Quickshifter for the Vitz with an extra set of install instructions stuffed in the box. I bought one for my Canadian Echo RS Hatch which is the same as Vitz RS/Yaris TS, it was hilarious opening the box and finding the Vitz RS instructions along with the xB instructions...

The xB has a different ECU than the Vitz/Echo/Yaris, so you might have problems getting the supercharger it to work properly with the Yaris TS...

Many of us Canadians over at Echofans.org have used various Scion xB parts on our Echo (Yaris) hatchbacks, mostly suspension bits...

Cheers

I have the Perrin Short Shifter installed on mine - originally for an xB. Was fun and games to fit ... but now that its on its really nice - shorter throw and mega notchy.

Its one of these things that you tend not to notice and just take for granted after a while ... until you try someone elses car and think ... yeuch.

Thank you guys.

Will get it with my brother that comes for a visit.

Many of us Canadians over at Echofans.org have used various Scion xB parts on our Echo (Yaris) hatchbacks, mostly suspension bits...

Do you have any other recommendations for mods to get from the US?

The Perrin Pulley is a nice bit of kit too

Is it complicated to install?

Have you installed it and noticed the difference they claim to or undesired side effects?

ive installed one, easy enough slight difference, but nothing special.

:wacko: If it's a slight difference, is it worth it... ?

Did you do it yourself or in a garage?

ive got one it makes a differance but best mod ive done for performance is the megan header, ive fitted all my parts myself in true budget stylee

my self

Seems like a nice kit. Are the instructions that come with it clear for a DIY?

I spoke with TRD in the US and was surprised to discover that they have nothing to do with the superchargers for the Yaris or the Scion. I always thought that it's a TRD development that these companies produce.

Following this thread, I guess the option is the TTE, and it will have to wait for a while, so in the meantime I thought I'd get myself this pulley and the quickshifter and have some snacks if the main course is out of reach at the moment...

TRD only do the Turbo. Thats whats fitted on the T-Sport Turbo's, a TRD turbo. :D  :thumbsup:

Yep. I got that...

Anyway, I checked a little, and saw that the lightened pulley raises a lot of debates and questions as for the possible damage it may cause and the potential increase in power, so I think I'll pass for now.

I didn't come across any other interesting mods other than the quicksifter (and the supercharger of course, but that's a different issue).

ive installed one, easy enough slight difference, but nothing special.

:wacko: If it's a slight difference, is it worth it... ?

Did you do it yourself or in a garage?

hmmmmmmmmmm??? you feeling alright lee?? you utter fool :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links