Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question About Prices

Lucie

got a letter from the local dealers today. They are doing a special sale,i guess to flog off yaris's b4 the new model comes out. the deal is basically the stock price plus a quid. (think u call it the stock price.the price b4 they add on the xtras to make a profit) does anyone know what the stock prices are for the yaris. is there a list somewhere or is it kept quiet? just wondering what sort of deal u are really looking at.

You'll be looking at a good deal, although it wont be the price the dealers get it! They HAVE to make a profit somewhere!

You'll be looking at a good deal, although it wont be the price the dealers get it! They HAVE to make a profit somewhere!

Yeah Toyota will be flogging off extra stock to garages at a discount price to what they would normally so the garages can knock off a similar price, but still making their commission etc etc

But a hefty discount you will get, dunno about percentage knock downs but normally when a new model comes out you can sometimes get 10-15% off the cost of a brand new car (depending on how generous they are!)

You'll get them a bit cheaper too if they are pre-registered! :thumbsup:

i recon u could get more than 15% if u get the right salesman and at the last couple of week before the new one comes out. buyer has the joker

Jay

I didn originally put 10-20% actually, but changed it to 10-15 because it does depend on the salesperson you get and your bargaining skills :thumbsup:

I mean look at those people who got a bargain old style Ford Focus when the new one came out - they were selling them for 6k at a local garage!

6k for a family hatchback!! Thats like the cost of a Kia family hatchback!

They make their money from after sales...servicing etc...why do you think it's so much! £80 quid for an oil change and a safety check..why thankyou sir.

Looking at that list.... my TS was nearly 10% less than the retail price all in....pays to shop around...and NOT to buy from the dealer!

Vipes

hmm I wonder if that is a special "you only get it if we sent you a letter" kind of thing?

My Dad is seriously considering getting a Yaris, will have to let him know..

Does anyone know if it's an all dealership/any person can get it kinda thing?

:unsure:

yeah. the letter was from the dealer i bought my yaris from.for the life of me i cant think of the name but its the normal big dealership was called hartwell b4.

yes it said in the letter it was for u only or if u wanted to pass it on u had to write the name of the other person in the special section. trying to make it top secret and all. its one of those weekend specials that run for a few days

when i get a new car i wont buy it from the dealerships as they are so expensive compaired to the net ,supermarkets ect. no point paying several thousand more for the same car. i just wish they would hurry up with the new model in jan. as theres no point buying a yaris now only to relaise i do like the new model/style after all.

exactly. i bet they will be flogging off the old models even more come january when joe public sees theres a new model out.unlike now where they probably dont know that a change is coming. so either way ill either like the new model or get an old style one on the cheap.

thanks for all your help everyone.

They make their money from after sales...servicing etc...why do you think it's so much!  £80 quid for an oil change and a safety check..why thankyou sir.

Looking at that list.... my TS was nearly 10% less than the retail price all in....pays to shop around...and NOT to buy from the dealer!

Vipes

they would make more than you think on selling a car. It maybe £80 for a service but they have your car for more than half an hour they have to pay the technicians, receptionists and to keep the establishment running which all eats into there profit.

I've got another invite too... lol I keep getting them! Mine is a managers special this time and it says it's by invite only but I guess you can just go along if you haven't got one as they didn't bother checking the last 2 times I've been. They do give good deals on part-ex's though, but recently one of the major dealerships in London didn't offer anything spectacular compared to the first dealership I went to which is surprising since they are quite a large group.

EDIT: I've taken out the dealerships name... tisn't nice to name and shame like that.

I got one of these the other week too. It was only a weekend thing and i was planning on going but couldnt make it in the end. Would have been good to see what prices they were offering though.

I never get anything from F&C.... but then I guess my cars only 9 months old so whats the point?

That and they are probably still miffed we didnt buy the Corolla from them (their fault for selling the one we wanted! lol)

I never get anything from F&C.... but then I guess my cars only 9 months old so whats the point?

That and they are probably still miffed we didnt buy the Corolla from them (their fault for selling the one we wanted! lol)

ive not recieved anything from them either, maybe because when i took it in for a service they put the plate into there system and didnt recognise it

I've been thinking about this more today - also I have now added my Dad onto my Yaris Insurance for a week whilst his car is in the garage so hopefully he'll drive her more and get to like her even more..I never get anything from my dealer either - I got one newsletter from this one and all the "Club Toyota" stuff came through ages after the sale..the previous dealer was far more on the ball and "with it".

I wish I would get an invite, but then when I went down to my dealer to talk about part-ex'ing the T3 I was told by Joe who sold me the Blue in the end that it was a VIP-Invite only weekend!! His 10.30 had cancelled so he could speak to me instead..it made me a bit annoyed to begin with tho as surely if you want another car you shouldnt be made to feel like you arent welcome at those events..it wasnt my fault I went on that weekend, it's not even like it's a local journey..it's easily between 12-15 miles away!

Oh well, I'll have to work on my Dad more and see what the dealer will do for him if he gets a Yaris ;)

Take a look at the discount prices on a site such as www.drivethedeal.com and use this as a comparison.

Mark

thanks for that site. i want aware of that one. has anyon ever bought from sites such as the above or Uk car broker? anyone got any opinions of them.

I was wondering about car supermarkets too, amybe it would be better to post about them in generals where members with other models will see it better?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links