Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Yaris

Red Yaris 54

Toyota to Begin Thai Production of Yaris in 2006

Toyota Yaris / Vitz

Nikkei. Toyota will start manufacturing its Yaris (Vitz/Echo) (earlier post) subcompact in Thailand as early as next year for sale in Southeast Asia.

The production—the first for this model in the region—is expected to begin at around 50,000 units a year. Toyota makes the IMV, the Camry, the Corolla, and the Soluna Vios in Thailand, for a total of around 270,000 units in 2004. Increased output of the IMV and the production launch for the Yaris will almost double Thai production to nearly 500,000 as early as 2008.

Car sales—especially small, fuel-efficient vehicles—have been growing at double-digit annual rates in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries.

In 2004, Toyota manufactured 133,000 units of the Yaris at two factories in Japan and 204,000 units at a French factory. Sales came to 60,000 units in the Japanese market and 280,000 units outside Japan, mostly in Europe.

The Yaris will offer 1.0-liter, 1.3-liter and 1.5-liter engines with VVT-i (Variable Valve Timing–intelligent) and continuously variable transmissions to provide higher performance while maintaining low fuel consumption.

Toyota is also implementing its stop-start system (Intelligent Idling Stop System) in the vehicle.

Using a Li-Ion battery/starter system implemented with the CVT, the stop-start system helps lower the Vitz fuel consumption to 25.5 liters/km kilometers/liter (60 mpg) in the 1.0-liter version. This is an 8.5% improvement over the previous version of the Vitz with IISS (released in 2003), and, according to Toyota, is the best gasoline fuel consumption in Japan, excluding minivehicles and hybrid vehicles.

CO2 emissions from the 1.0-liter Vitz with IISS are a low 94.8 g/km.

I found the above info whilst researching info on Toyota developments.

Interesting about the Stop/Start system, I wonder if this system will find its way to UK Yariis.

Yeah I cant remember which company started the start/stop system (Renault?) but it sounds like a really good idea to help with economy!

Still would really like the new Yaris to have leather seats, climate control and Sat Nav though! :thumbsup:

Start/ Stop idea sounds good.

Be better for those Swiss drivers, who have to turn thier ignition off at traffic lights if they're more than 2 cars back... :D

start/stop has been there from the start, just we never had it, its all in the handbook, and heated seats and a fuel burner for cold countrys :rolleyes:

start/stop has been there from the start, just we never had it, its all in the handbook, and heated seats and a fuel burner for cold countrys :rolleyes:

I've never even heard of it... :huh:

But how long before Mr T introduces it to the UK?

Leather seats and climate control are never gonna happen in a Yaris, it ain't a Lexus! :rolleyes:

And read a manual? I would..... only I cant read.....!  :lol:  :lol:

Em, you usually reply to posts you can't read quite well! :P

Some interesting stuff there Steve, cheers! :thumbsup:

Leather seats and climate control are never gonna happen in a Yaris, it ain't a Lexus! :rolleyes:
And read a manual? I would..... only I cant read.....!  :lol:  :lol:

Em, you usually reply to posts you can't read quite well! :P

Some interesting stuff there Steve, cheers! :thumbsup:

You get them in a Corolla though - well leather seats are optional but the T-Spirit Corolla has climate control! So it could happen.... possibly.... maybe!

Oh bugger.... I forgot.... I'm not meant to be able to read! :lol::lol: I just dont do manuals, I never read a manual for anything, I just press buttons and if it goes "Bang" I know not to press that button ever again! :lol::lol: