Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ozyaris?

Sp33dY

Canadas new echo will also be named the YARIS ...... its gone Global (except for japan i guess, they are still a VITZ).

Canada and US are both now Yaris...I take delivery of my Yaris RS (T-Sport designation dropped in favour of RS)October 17th in Canada...

Cheers

well i think yaris in japan means somethin so that prob the reason why its stayed vitz over there. i everywhere else is to stop confusion maybe?

Changing a name will think people a buying a totally different car. A lot of people wont realise the Toyota Yaris is being replace with the new model Echo, with a new name. They'll think its a new car to the range as such i guess? They might even have some old stock so they can continue to sell the ECHO at bargain prices until they run out? Im not sure... but its defintiely a marketing strategy.

Yaris is taking over the world.....mwah ha haaaa

Well apart from Japan obviously!  :lol:

I never liked the Echo name, Yaris is much nicer imo and the japanese have to have another name so people can be more JDM cool when they import one :P

Yes, I saw a post on Echofans where someone was even asking how you pronounce "Yaris". I may go over and put him out of his misery later.

Yes, I saw a post on Echofans where someone was even asking how you pronounce "Yaris". I may go over and put him out of his misery later.

Yahh-ris?

Yay-ris?

Yahh-reece?

Yu-ris?

:lol::lol::lol:

The thing is, the Aussies, Canadians and American fans of the Echo will have got used to the name. I can understand that some might be a little peeved. Just think how we'd all feel if Toyota changed the name Yaris to... oh, I don't know.... Saxo or Corsa! :lol:

Yaris is taking over the world.....mwah ha haaaa

Well apart from Japan obviously!  :lol:

I never liked the Echo name, Yaris is much nicer imo and the japanese have to have another name so people can be more JDM cool when they import one :P

Aww i like the name Echo, think its funky that there are so many different names for them :hokus-pokus:

Aww i like the name Echo, think its funky that there are so many different names for them  :hokus-pokus:

Yep, I agree.

Echo, Yaris, Vitz, Platz (sedan I think though)... :thumbsup:

Yeah, but Vitz means something else in German though... I think its "joke", but I'm not sure.

I like Yaris best...

A

The thing is, the Aussies, Canadians and American fans of the Echo will have got used to the name. I can understand that some might be a little peeved. Just think how we'd all feel if Toyota changed the name Yaris to... oh, I don't know.... Saxo or Corsa! :lol:

It would only be the same if they changed the name of the yaris to echo or vitz! saxo or corsa?! Stop swearing at us! :lol:

It would only be the same if they changed the name of the yaris to echo or vitz! saxo or corsa?! Stop swearing at us! :lol:

But there is such a thing as a Toyota Corsa..... only in Japan though! :lol::lol:

The echo was meant as a cheap and cheerful means of transport. Toyota has since introduced the Aygo to cover that segment and therefore want to take the echo upmarket.

Hence a possible reason for the glocal name change

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links