Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alarm/immobiliser Unlocking

Carla

Hi all,

I went to my car this morning and couldn't unlock it using the key fob (on the master key). I tried using both sets of keys I have with this along with walking around the car trying it in different places and it just wouldn't work. When I have tried to unlock it before by using the key to unlock it manually it set the alarm off when I opened the door. I tried again with they key fob about 30 mins later and it worked fine. Has anyone else had this problem before? I haven't had my car that long so have no idea what could have possibly caused this. Any ideas?

I did think that to begin with but there's a small red light on the fob which was still working, so I took my car to Toyota this morning, they said they thought it was possibly out of sync and that this could have been done by an arial mast. It seems fine now so I'm happy.

That would have been the next thing I would have suggested.

My old bike alarm did that once, in a petrol station.

Something to do with the frequency the alarm operates at, and something at the petrol station operating at the same frequency.

My old alarm fob had two buttons, and you just needed to hold down both buttons for 10 seconds, and the alarm would "meep" to let you know it had reset.

Worked fine after that.

Glad you got it sorted. ;)

My Yaris Blue sometimes wont unlock first go and will take a few presses, it's not all the time..just every now and then..I put it down to interference..

If it carries on then I'd be more worried, but just sounds like a one off thankfully :)

Hi Carla. Mine isn't a T Sport but I've had the same problem twice. It just refused to open the car. I used the key in the lock to get in (quaint!) but I'd double locked the car and couldn't open the other doors. It sorted itself once I turned the engine over however.

Not happened for ages though so I've not been back to Mr T about it. They've seen enough of me as it is! :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links