Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hard To Start

ronnyboy696

ive had my yaris sr since february. in the last few weeks, i have noticed it takes longer to start. it turns over for longer. happened today. the engine was warm at the time. turn key didnt start first time. tried again and it started?

i noticed it with my old yaris 1 litre. sold it not long after so didnt worry.

has anyone ever had this problem? or know of it?

ive had my yaris sr since february. in the last few weeks, i have noticed it takes longer to start. it turns over for longer. happened today. the engine was warm at the time. turn key didnt start first time. tried again and it started?

i noticed it with my old yaris 1 litre. sold it not long after so didnt worry.

has anyone ever had this problem? or know of it?

I had a problem last week when I started my car occasionally it would make a high pitch choking noise, didn't start 1st time, was ok on the second.

Asked on here and someone suggested taking it for a 10mile drive. Went round a few local dual carriageways clocked up 25 miles, seems ok now.

I know bugger all about cars, but check out some of the replys I had here

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=42704

hope it's of some use

"turned key and didn't start" how long did it turn over for? couple of revolutions of the starter is nothing unusual, don't expect it to catch right off, expect that more with oil burners.

but aye...if your cars been running then stopped for a short time, they do tend to take a few turns of the starter to get them going again...not sure why.

Most importantly keep your foot away from the gas.

Vipes

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links