Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ae92 Owners

european_bob

Lovely GTi in lovely nick! I've got a set of T Sport wheels and tyres in mint condition and I was thinking of fitting them to the GXi I used to own (one of the lads I live with bought it from me) but wasn't too sure if the offset was okay? (45 on the T Sport, 37 on the GXi). How did you find the fitment european_bob?

Nicked a set of key for one of the car on the forecourt and wang'd um on!! fitted all good,although car wouldn't go anywhere due to um having 55 profile rubbers on um and her being dropped.but they fitted !

So you had to change the tyres to a lower profile? The GXi isn't lowered so maybe it's not an issue?

YEAH,had to go 45 profile.Should be fine on your gxi then if its standard..

Its not whether its been lowered that is the issue, there is only so much room in the arches vertically, this doesnt change when you lower it. With the higher profiles it will rub on the top strut thing (don't know the actually name :lol: )

Lovely GTi in lovely nick! I've got a set of T Sport wheels and tyres in mint condition and I was thinking of fitting them to the GXi I used to own (one of the lads I live with bought it from me) but wasn't too sure if the offset was okay? (45 on the T Sport, 37 on the GXi). How did you find the fitment european_bob?

Nicked a set of key for one of the car on the forecourt and wang'd um on!! fitted all good,although car wouldn't go anywhere due to um having 55 profile rubbers on um and her being dropped.but they fitted !

So you had to change the tyres to a lower profile? The GXi isn't lowered so maybe it's not an issue?

YEAH,had to go 45 profile.Should be fine on your gxi then if its standard..

Its not whether its been lowered that is the issue, there is only so much room in the arches vertically, this doesnt change when you lower it. With the higher profiles it will rub on the top strut thing (don't know the actually name :lol: )

Yeah thats makes sense.Anyone know the standard size rims fitted to a AE102/GXI?

shoud be able to work it out from that.Finking about it,altough ive had a doob.. Im finkin there 14' with 55' on um so u would ave to drop to a 50 profile..

Someone let me know if im wrong,and il just shut up and crawl back in my hole.. :lol::lol::lol:

**edit**

i am a kn**b head ! if it had 14's u'd need to go down too a 45 profile..

Im kinda lucky cuz i work for a Toyota dealer that has an on site bodyshop.

I spent five and a half hundred pound on paint an labour with is kinda steep but being in this game u get to see and hear of some of the shockin' work that goes on.So doing at work was a nice piece of mind.

Fink the paint code is 163 or 168.you can order it through most paint shops,Icl ect..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links