Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need A Muppets Name

Steve

Some muppet smashed into the back end of my old dears Honda (garrick will be in tears :lol: )

Anyway... i dont trust anyone

Bloke gave her his name, address etc... She wrote down the reg number which clarified the car when i looked online.

What i need is to find the blokes name using the reg number... is this possible to do online without spending??

cheers

Doubt it, wouldnt data protection come into it? Im sure if the guy had given a false name and address that you would be able to find him via the police, using his car reg.

Do you know any friendly coppers that could check the number plate for you?

Suppose you could try DVLA and say that your thinking of buying the car in question but unsure about the person who's selling it and that your checking up to make sure it's genuine and not nicked. I would of thought they would be able to confirm the details of the car and present owner with you.

Good point that! I do know friendly copper but not sure if he would do that!

Suppose you could try DVLA and say that your thinking of buying the car in question but unsure about the person who's selling it and that your checking up to make sure it's genuine and not nicked. I would of thought they would be able to confirm the details of the car and present owner with you.

There's a difference between confirming details & telling you them though

I wanted the same thing not so long ago I asked a neighbor who was a copper and he said It's worth more than life and limb to divulge any information regarding the registration database. :unsure:

True but ain't Steve wanting confirmation that the details that were given are correct :thumbsup:

Its not as simple as getting a "friendly" copper to give the information.

The coppers have to quote a specific location when they do a PNC check in order to prevent unauthorised use.

cop cant do a check without risking his job, but regardless if the driver gave the correct details you should report it to the police . if details are inccorect for insurance you can report this too and im sure police would then have to follow it up . i think then the owner would have to tell cops who was driving , if he refused then the owner would be held responsable for the accident. will check with partner, she studies law and may be able to shed more light on it.

True but ain't Steve wanting confirmation that the details that were given are correct :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, course he is :ffs: :bye:

All i can say is.. regardless of how minor an accident is.. ALWAYS get the police involved, that way the details of all drivers involved are taken down and confirmed on the spot.. also a good idea to stop any members of the public and ask for their details too.. you never know, you might need a wtness at the end of the day.

Sorry i can't help you Steve.. the only Muppets name that springs to mind at the moment is Gonzo :P

when u phone ur insurance company to let them know of an accident they just type the number in a database and it tells them if they are insured so im sure they will be able to trace the owner

All i can say is.. regardless of how minor an accident is.. ALWAYS get the police involved, that way the details of all drivers involved are taken down  and confirmed on the spot.. also a good idea to stop any members of the public and ask for their details too.. you never know, you might need a wtness at the end of the day.

Good theory, but when you call the Police they will ask if there is any injuries/is the traffic being held up. If you say no they will say to swap details and let insurance companies deal. If you were to say there is an injury when there really isnt they won't be impressed as you are "wasting their time". Sometimes passing Police vehicles will stop to help out, but even then they wont take any details down unless it's extremely serious..they don't give a damn about little minor bumps as they happen so often.

when u phone ur insurance company to let them know of an accident they just type the number in a database and it tells them if they are insured so im sure they will be able to trace the owner

It's called the MID - Motor Insurance Database, you put the registration in of the car involved and the date of the accident and it checks all the Insured vehicles in the UK..if there is a match it provides you with the name of the insurer, a phone number for them and also a policy number. Insurance Companies are allowed to divulge this information as we had a query on it at work a few months back and our compliance manager sent everyone an email saying we can disclose as it's not any information which pinpoints the actual person, just the company they have their insurance policy with. However on the MID it doesnt give any details of the policy itself i.e name of the drivers on it so your own insurance company would contact the Third Party's Insurance and go about making a recovery off the Insurance Company who are at fault.

Sorry for the Essay!

I know this sounds stupid, but can you not just use the phone book? A 5 minute search using the address should give you the surname and initial - enough for a cross-reference. 100% legal too...

Just a thought :unsure:

A

I know this sounds stupid, but can you not just use the phone book? A 5 minute search using the address should give you the surname and initial - enough for a cross-reference. 100% legal too...

A

I was gonna mention that too.... but I guess it depends if the muppet is a local muppet though..... :unsure:

192.com?

I think they charge though.... and the guy could be ex-directory....

A

I was gonna mention that too.... but I guess it depends if the muppet is a local muppet though..... :unsure:

192.com?

I think they charge though.... and the guy could be ex-directory....

*Cough Cough ...... theres tools out there that even list ex-directory!

ok.. panick over.. guy was legit and agrees he was at fault for writing the back end off me old dears car.

she will get her money and been given a hire car until she gets her cheque.

beauty is.. someone before went into the back of the car and she got £500 last time.. not sure how it wasnt written off but the damage was worth more than the car... but can was still drivable as it only pushed the number plate in a tad.

Now someone has rammed the car again she will get another cheque.. for £500

Only paid £300 for the car from SystemG over a year ago

Bonus.. actually made money! and got a years driving from it!

ok.. panick over.. guy was legit and agrees he was at fault for writing the back end off me old dears car.

she will get her money and been given a hire car until she gets her cheque.

beauty is.. someone before went into the back of the car and she got £500 last time.. not sure how it wasnt written off but the damage was worth more than the car... but can was still drivable as it only pushed the number plate in a tad.

Now someone has rammed the car again she will get another cheque.. for £500

Only paid £300 for the car from SystemG over a year ago

Bonus.. actually made money! and got a years driving from it!

Lol, sound, cant really get better than that. Dont think I've ever heard of any1 getting over 3 times what they paid for a car after a year's driving, good work

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links