Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Am I Going To Be Thrown Out ;)

louise3512uk

Hi all, I know I've not posted for a while..

I sold my corolla 3 weeks ago and am now the proud owner of a purple Lotus Elise S1...

Just wondered if I'm still allowed to post occasionally or if I'll be thrown out now! :D

I was actually pretty sad to see the corolla go.. it was my first car, my baby :( But I can't say I'm not glad I got the elise :Dthumb_2602363499710e4b892aeacdd5442d54c690222622896014be754886.jpg

Didnt Toyota own a bit of Lotus at one point in time anyway - maybe not now, but they are kind of still linked....

Of course you are welcome to stick around Louise! Nice car! :drool:

Em i think you mean the stories that the mk1 mr2 was supposed to be based on a lotus chassis :)

welcome back louise - lots of people who dont have toyotas on here ;)

Yeah it is a bit of a difference going from a 1.3 corolla to the elise, but I've driven RWD's before (including Bibbs MKII turbo) and I've driven an elise on track too so knew what to expect...

It's standard apart from a Janspeed exhaust.. it's beautiful!

I've just dumped my Supra and gone onto a Lotus Esprit Turbo ;) ....and i aint going anywhere :D :lol: :shutit:

Car looks very good in that colour, love your rims too :thumbsup:

Why thank you, yes i think they are pretty fantastic too :D

Yes they do go pretty damn well, i just gotta do a few things to it before it does the rounds at the meets etc.

I spoke to some of the owners club the other day and they are a nice bunch of people :yes:

Yeah I was going to say, you should get yourself on www.seloc.org... it's better than the proper Lotus Owners club and there are loads of meets down your neck of the woods! (I think... you'er from Reading right?)

Yep, hopefully be bringing the Esprit to the next Reading meet :)

erm the current elises are using the toyota vvti engine out of celicas as far as i know..?

Aren't Elise's basically a Vauxhall VX220 with a Lotus Badge or have they changed now?

erm the current elises are using the toyota vvti engine out of celicas as far as i know..?

Aren't Elise's basically a Vauxhall VX220 with a Lotus Badge or have they changed now?

:D

VX220s are basically Elises with Vauxhaul Engines and some extra stuff to weigh them down.

Congratulations on your new car Louise. A few people I know have Elises and they are fantastic cars. Leeky's new motor looks superb too.

Connections between Toyota ane Lotus are many. Yes, there is a story that the MR2 was based on plans Lotus had for the the Elan replacement. And yes Toyota owned a share of Lotus (22%) for a number of years which led to the use of lots of Toyota parts in Lotus cars; plus collaboration between them on various projects including Supra enhancements. The latter led to the use of the VVTLi engine in the new Elise.

So now rather than being a member of the family, I'm like a family friend ;)

Nah, more like the daughter who's married, officially part of another family but you'll always be a TOCer

superb cars to lob around, but total crap for long distance!

cant say im a fan over the old ons running k-seires crap *shudder*

but id scoop up a yota driven one anyday :D