Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 7 Exhaust Replacement

###~Steve~###

Hey All,

Bought my First Celica a couple of months ago.... It's a 2001 Gen7 140 job and has been lots of fun but seems to be getting slower and not really breathing properly below the 3500rpm. This seems to have got worse over my ownership.

It's not a huge difference but it is noticible, also the revs at idle which were rock solid at 800ish in the begining now seem to fluctuate a little more at startup.

Finally one of the 'plates' shielding the underside of the car from the exhaust heat has come loose at one corner and gently knocks as the car moves...is there a proper metal/glue to stick it back? Other than the duck tape I used today :D (I'm not much of an engineer :thumbsup: )

Oh and as for the earlier query how expensive would it be to get an exhaust replacement to let it breathe a little easier and get a few more BHP into the bargin...any recomendations?

Phew..all done, Cheers

The TRD exhaust seems to be the way to go bhp wise, if you have the cash - (Fensport do them for about £500 i think...

Failing that there's a company called Blueflame (very big in the bike world apparently) who are flogging a s/s replacement for £220 on e-bay - buy it now. An additional £25ish for fitting if you go to their shop near Manchester.

Failing that, go the Powerflow route, and have your own custom built - seems to be about £300ish for this and reviews vary from excellent to rubbish, depending on which Powerflow franchise you go to.

Good luck! If you get the Blueflame one, please let me know how it goes, because I'm a bit interested in that one as well! :thumbsup:

My idle revs are a bit lumpy at the minute as well - especially when the car's had a good work out, or a long motorway drive. Am gonna fiddle with the idle thingy when I find it see if I can get it a bit better.

The G7s are restricted quite a bit on the breathing malarkie - a Blitz Induction kit should sort you out!

Hey Great, thanks for that. Think I'll start of small (cheap ;) ) and go with the induction kit....well at leat till the next paycheck arrives anyway :D

Ooo, just noticed, welcome to the club as well chap! If you've got any pics of the motor, I'm sure we'd all quite like to see them! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links