Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have You Paid Your Car Insurance?

dazwan

Has anybody seen this?.

If it means we all get a drop in premiums then I reckon I'm all for it. Does anybody know if the similar road tax system has had any real success?

I just wish they'd get rid of protected no claims as well, so those idiots who drive like maniacs can't hide behind it knowing that if they cause an accident it won't make a difference their premuims (and as a result push up premiums for the rest of us to make up the shortfall).

Should be good - but won't be!

We've never saved money from the tax system because it cost so much to setup!

As for the protected no claims - it's all a con anyway as if you still have to tell your insurance company about any claims so. They wack the price up first for you having so many accidents then give you a discount on that amount - they still pay less than if they weren't protected but it will go up!

If I heard right on T.V.

you will need insurance even if it's of the road??

So if you buy a car to do up you will still have to insure it while you work on it. :eek:

Sounds like another way to make money out of us.

£60 fine isnt enough.... young boy racer type goes out with insurance it's £2000 a year or £60 for no insurance.... what would you prefer if you were him? :rolleyes:

Too little, too late - should have been introduced years ago and should be a bigger fine, £60 is not a deterrent IMO! :rolleyes:

If I heard right on T.V.

So if you buy a car to do up you will still have to insure it  while you work on it. :eek:

i thought that insurance would only be able to be stopped if you owned a car that you had told the dvla that ur taking it off the road, then u dont need to pay insurance

If I heard right on T.V.

So if you buy a car to do up you will still have to insure it  while you work on it. :eek:

i thought that insurance would only be able to be stopped if you owned a car that you had told the dvla that ur taking it off the road, then u dont need to pay insurance

May have heard it wrong, but I thought they said on S*Y that all car's and that, had to have insuance, that's why they will just send your fine though the post.

The problem with this lies with fleet style insurance where you pay one lot and that covers any car you drive...

I'm sure my cars would flag up as "uninsured", even though they are totally covered!

£60 fine isnt enough.... young boy racer type goes out with insurance it's £2000 a year or £60 for no insurance.... what would you prefer if you were him?  :rolleyes:

Too little, too late - should have been introduced years ago and should be a bigger fine, £60 is not a deterrent IMO!  :rolleyes:

I was thinking exactly the same thing, £60 is never going to put the majority of them off, should be miles more. I also think it would be useful to have something similar to a tax disc where it's easy to see any1 who doesn't have insurance.

£60 fine isnt enough.... young boy racer type goes out with insurance it's £2000 a year or £60 for no insurance.... what would you prefer if you were him?  :rolleyes:

Too little, too late - should have been introduced years ago and should be a bigger fine, £60 is not a deterrent IMO!  :rolleyes:

I was thinking exactly the same thing, £60 is never going to put the majority of them off, should be miles more. I also think it would be useful to have something similar to a tax disc where it's easy to see any1 who doesn't have insurance.

just like the MOT system is in ireland, a disc in the window to see whos got the right to be on the road

Sounds good in theory, but things like that never actually seem to be really what they are made out to be :ffs: I'm all for displaying a disc to say I am insured..I think it's a good idea, but possibly wide open for Fraud?

£60 .. geez if I get caught once a fourtnight I'm still ahead ;)

£60 .. geez if I get caught once a fourtnight I'm still ahead ;)

One off the joy's of being young(er) :D :D :D

Ha ha, if only. Feeling like an old codger as it is :D

(and I'm loving Reading Uni's Freshers fourtnight ;) )

I don't get it? :unsure:

It's always been illegal (for a long time anyway), to drive a vehicle uninsured, and the maximum fine is £5000. The average fine (in 2001) was £250. So how can a fixed £60 fine be a step forward.

If it's an automated system, how are they going to know who is driving the vehicle anyway?

I don't get it?  :unsure:

It's always been illegal (for a long time anyway), to drive a vehicle uninsured, and the maximum fine is £5000. The average fine (in 2001) was £250. So how can a fixed £60 fine be a step forward.

If it's an automated system, how are they going to know who is driving the vehicle anyway?

I think the fine is if you are caught driving a car without insurance.

Now this will fine the owner if the car is uninsured and driven.

More ways to "police" without policing.

I'm waiting for us all having to wear T-shirts with a big barcode on and then we'll have "rape & pilliage" cameras in town centres .. caught raping somone on camera? There will be an auto fine in the post ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links