Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Computer Help.

daktari

Hi peeps. I need to know if there is any way i can password protect specific folders on my PC. :unsure: Running XP if thats any use.

TIA

Dak :thumbsup:

Not sure.......but I know you can get applications to do the job!

However I do know for Office documents you just go to 'tools' then 'options' and select the 'security' tab, I normally just make the folder 'hidden' by righthand click on the folder and selecting 'properties' and in the 'general' tab under 'attributes' select the 'hidden' box!

To be able to view the hidden files you will need to go to 'tools' and then the 'view' tab then select 'show hidden files' :thumbsup: !

Try this one on for size...

Private Disk Light

This is a free product that creates a Virtual Disk in My Computer which is encrypted and only accessible with the correct password. Very handy for storing large amounts of personal data or things you don't want others to see.

Just click download!

Has Daktari been downloading naughty things again!!!

Failing the above you could try just zipping the stuff up with password protection

Right -click the folder, go to 'options' then click on the security tab. Remove all the names from the top group or usernames' box . Then click add, and type in the name of your own account set the permissions in the bottom box to 'full control' and click apply. Only your account will now be able to access the folder.

Just be careful locking down a folder... if you later rebuild your hard disk and rely on getting back into that folder you'll be struggling. It will be a different SID even though the username will be the same.

Has Daktari been downloading naughty things again!!!

Failing the above you could try just zipping the stuff up with password protection

Whaddya mean.....??? Again? :ph34r::lol:

Just be careful locking down a folder... if you later rebuild your hard disk and rely on getting back into that folder you'll be struggling. It will be a different SID even though the username will be the same.

It`s not really a problem if i were to lose it. It`s just stuff i`d rather not have too readily accesible. Secret squirel stuff. :lol:

in the properties box tick hidden and apply it . then if you wish to see it again , go to folder options-view-show hidden files and folders. bobs your uncle so they say :thumbsup::yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links