Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lowering Cts?

albundy

hi there has anyone used GMAX springs on there cts yet i can get them for just under £100 for the springs, are they any better/worse than the ones on fensport? GMAX lower it 40mm, is this too low? my pal is gona lower it for £40 quid so i dont think im getting ripped off. would i be better to got springs and shocks or just springs its going on an 02 plate cts with 23k on the clock

cheers for any info

I bought mine TTE Springs for € 247 -35mm and thit the fitting my self and for the tracking i went to a Tyreshop :thumbsup:

Edited by G6-R

hi there has anyone used GMAX springs on there cts yet i can get them for just under £100 for the springs, are they any better/worse than the ones on fensport? GMAX lower it 40mm, is this too low? my pal is gona lower it for £40 quid so i dont think im getting ripped off. would i be better to got springs and shocks or just springs its going on an 02 plate cts with 23k on the clock

cheers for any info

hi,

ive just had my 03 plate cts lowered using Pi springs on the standard shocks, 35mm lowering... its still quite a smooth ride , but handles alot better :yes:

it could easily go another 5mm like the gmax springs 40mm... there is still a good gap between the wheels and arch, so no rubbing either. will post some pics at weekend. :thumbsup:

its good to hear that its worked out good for you i think il go ahead and get them done at the end of the day its only 140 quid and il keep ma old springs just incase but sum pics and other advise would be most appreciated too cheers

its good to hear that its worked out good for you i think il go ahead and get them done at the end of the day its only 140 quid and il keep ma old springs just incase but sum pics and other advise would be most appreciated too cheers

dont forget to get your tracking done after having springs fitted, i phoned Pi customer helpline and they said get it reset to normal toyota settings.. thats all you need to know.

photos, as promised. lowered 35mm on Pi springs...

Captured2005-10-2700000.jpg

Captured2005-10-2700003.jpg

Captured2005-10-2700006.jpg

Captured2005-10-2700013.jpg

Captured2005-10-2700011.jpg

im not sure, but i think it will drop a bit more after the shocks settle a bit?

:thumbsup: ;)

Oi bert, you stole my car...lol.........you got my lamps....my colour...ahhh but i got TTE srprings and 17 inch Konig Hurry in black on there!!! Ideally i'd like a full TTE or KW suspension set up, i'm getting lots of understeer under power but i love it...

Carry on!!

Chris

Oi bert, you stole my car...lol.........you got my lamps....my colour...ahhh but i got TTE srprings and 17 inch Konig Hurry in black on there!!! Ideally i'd like a full TTE or KW suspension set up, i'm getting lots of understeer under power but i love it...

Carry on!!

Chris

hey chris, show us some pics of it then :thumbsup:

Dude, put me in front of an engine in bits i'll fix it (perhaps), but i struggled turning this !Removed! computer on, I'm gonna become a TOC member, yesh, i like gold :P then i get a gallery?

Is there any meets or owt up ere in the cold north?

Plus i want more power......POWER mwahhhhhh ha ha ha ha (evil laugh)

Chris :ph34r:

I like where you fitted the T Sport Badge on the front wings! :thumbsup:

photos, as promised. lowered 35mm on Pi springs...

im not sure, but i think it will drop a bit more after the shocks settle a bit?

:thumbsup:  ;)

Should do! :thumbsup:

Might lower mine yet as you guys all seem to be happy with the comfort and handling, but I'm gonna swap my 18s for a new set of 17s with higher profile tyres, then drop it (only drops the facelift version another 15mm I think? :huh::unsure: )

I like where you fitted the T Sport badge on the front wings!  :thumbsup:

cheers, something simple.. shame toyota did not put them there as standard.. you can get them off eBay anyways. :thumbsup:

Carry on!!

Chris

I had lowering springs on my car, and although they lowered the car a bit, and helped the handling a little, they were a bit misleading, when you start to push the car past a certain point, the mismatch of spring and damper caused the handling to get very bad, loads of understeer and general wobbling all over the road. The stock dampers on a cts are to long to use with shortened springs imo. I have kw variant 2's, and now the car handles good.

Carry on!!

Chris

I had lowering springs on my car, and although they lowered the car a bit, and helped the handling a little, they were a bit misleading, when you start to push the car past a certain point, the mismatch of spring and damper caused the handling to get very bad, loads of understeer and general wobbling all over the road. The stock dampers on a cts are to long to use with shortened springs imo. I have kw variant 2's, and now the car handles good.

What kinda money did these cost you??? (the KWs that is!)

Carry on!!

Chris

What kinda money did these cost you??? (the KWs that is!)

heres the slap!!!!1 they were around £850, I saved a packet by fitting them myself with the help of my mate. It wasnt to hard, big breaker bar and a set of pipe grips helped a lot :D . Borrowed a camber gauge from a local garage, had 2.5 degree's on camber at one point, and whilst really awsome on track, ate tyres, I ended up with -0.5 degrees, and a little toe out, which i set by eye, and have had good wear rates, tracking is certainly better than that set by the monkeys at the local garages, who showed these guys?? no one told me what to do but my steering wheel is actually straight lol.

It was pretty expensive, but the car is nothing like it was originally, beleive me even though i own one, my opinon of a stock cts suspension is that it is crap, no messing lol, even with lowering springs it still isnt great, its not the design, just the stock dampers. The 7th gen celica uses similar front suspensin design, but its dampers are different, ,approx 1 inch shorter, and it gets great reviews for its handling, cts does not, make you wonder?

hi well was in at my local performance garage and bought Eibach 30mm lowerings springs they wer £140 so not too bad im let you know how i get on with them after my pal has fitted them for me cheers

The Celica has double wishbone rear suspension...our rollas dont...even the latest Avensis does too...hence the more calm handling......grrrrrrr

How low have you set your KW's at? I really think i need to get these!!!! And being a Toyota Tech.....i'll can use the geometry set up.......woohooo

Chris

The Celica has double wishbone rear suspension...our rollas dont...even the latest Avensis does too...hence the more calm handling......grrrrrrr

How low have you set your KW's at? I really think i need to get these!!!! And being a Toyota Tech.....i'll can use the geometry set up.......woohooo

Chris

for sure the double wishbones at the back would be better, but theres nothing wrong with the torsion bar at all, you do lose the toe control, but once you start stiffening things up this isnt so much a problem i think. many many cars that are reckened to have great handling have torsion bars at the back!

I have lowered aprrox 60mm all round, which is about as low as i could happily go, -0.5 degree's camber, ore would be nice but it starts to tramline and wear becomes a big issue at much more than this.

The Kw's are a bit of a pain to set for camber, same as a VW i've been told, took me a couple hours to get it right, I think cusco do a set of coilovers that come with top plates that show you the camber setting on them, which is nice but being japanese there is a good chance they will be to stiff, the KW's have a large level of adjustibility, and when i let my mother use the car i set it full soft and she doesnt complain :D

I often have one of the rear wheels lifting on some corners relying on how the car looks to be pointing rather than the feeling on it....maybe its the ECPS (eletric PS) that dulls it.....i need to get a strut bar too.....sharpen things up front...! The Celica is just easier to chuck around but i still prefer my rolla!

:thumbsup: Chris