Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T-sport

burntblade

Hi everyone, in August this year i bought a 52 plate T-sport and quickly realised that hardly anyone makes anything for them.

So I donated my car to science and it is now sporting the first ever Viper/Black mamba induction system fitted to it thanks to Pipercross.

The good thing for every other T-sport owner now is that if you get in touch with Pipercross I'm sure they will sell you one even though the shops don't know its available for the T-sport yet.

The pipercross system is nothing short of first class, it will bolt straight on and off of your T-sport, it uses the original sensor, the filter i am told might need washing out every 30K miles or so and this is really easy to do.

It weighs almost nothing at all and even after a long journey (i've tested it over 150 miles) if you pop the bonnet and touch it then you will feel that it gets really cold.

The pipe actually goes towards the nearside headlight instead of into the wheel arch which I'm told is the best place for it on the T-sport without starting to move all the engine bits about and saves cutting holes in things.

So in short what you will get is a bolt on induction kit that actually gives a free flow of cold air instead of such items as the K&N 57 or Typhoon that just suck hot air from the engine. Oh and it sound good without being too loud and yes you can tell its fitted for some obscure reason the engine feels more powerful and responsive and I'm now up to 31mpg, with the standard airbox and a new filter i was running between 21mpg and 26mpg if i went everywhere in sixth ant 40mph or less.

So go and buy one now.

Hi everyone, in August this year i bought a 52 plate T-sport and quickly realised that hardly anyone makes anything for them.

So I donated my car to science and it is now sporting the first ever Viper/Black mamba induction system fitted to it thanks to Pipercross.

The good thing for every other T-sport owner now is that if you get in touch with Pipercross I'm sure they will sell you one even though the shops don't know its available for the T-sport yet.

The pipercross system is nothing short of first class, it will bolt straight on and off of your T-sport, it uses the original sensor, the filter i am told might need washing out every 30K miles or so and this is really easy to do.

It weighs almost nothing at all and even after a long journey (i've tested it over 150 miles) if you pop the bonnet and touch it then you will feel that it gets really cold.

The pipe actually goes towards the nearside headlight instead of into the wheel arch which I'm told is the best place for it on the T-sport without starting to move all the engine bits about and saves cutting holes in things.

So in short what you will get is a bolt on induction kit that actually gives a free flow of cold air instead of such items as the K&N 57 or Typhoon that just suck hot air from the engine.  Oh and it sound good without being too loud and yes you can tell its fitted for some obscure reason the engine feels more powerful and responsive and I'm now up to 31mpg, with the standard airbox and a new filter i was running between 21mpg and 26mpg if i went everywhere in sixth ant 40mph or less.

So go and buy one now.

Sorry boys no pic yet and since i didn't pay for mine i dont know how much they cost!

Demontweeks advertise them for other cars, the VFC VIPER system which is the one on my car is priced at £250.

Remember most dealers will not know that they are made for the CTS yet so I would cut out the middle man and go straight to Pipercross.

To give you an idea what it looks like, a pipe comes from the engine where it normally does and the original sencor mounts in there, then where the airbox should be is a big carbon fibre tapered cylinder which contains a foam filter the ends are metal either stainless steel or red metal, then a pipe comes off the near side of the cylinder and instead of into the wheel arch which is too restrictive, the pipe goes along the nearside towards the light cluster past the battery and hides down below the light cluster some where.

From my research this is one of possibly only 2 makes that are worth buying for the CTS and the other is for when you get it turbo'd and costs about £400, its basically the same sort of idea as this one as well.

There is no point buying any other induction kit because the CTS comes with one the only problem its pipes are too narrow and the standard filter is like sucking through a ball of cotton wool.

If you want to be a cheap scate dont put any cheap filters on the CTS and avoid K&N warm air feeds!!! just put a better filter on the CTS standard system, but if you want the best available out there that can be bolted on and off you need to get the Pipercross VIPER system.

Dude how hard do you drive to get between 21-26mpg only doing 40mph!!!! I drive about 20 mway miles and 15 miles A roads and average 35mph~ with 34mpg, and thats doing speed limit + a little. Using optimax fuel.

burntblade,

do you secretly work for pipercross??? :lol:

i have the k&n 57i kit and its great... it comes with a pipe that fits nicely down to under the engine pan which directs cold air from under the car into the engine bay area near to the filter... ive driven in the chucking down rain and no water comes up the pipe and onto the filter.. so no hydrolocking problems either.. ;)

for £90 it was a bargain!!!! the roar is awsome too... ;)

And bar mine isn't sealed in a cold air box I'm over the moon with my K&N Typhoon induction kit! I'm gonna build my own to solve that problem, then I'd have saved a fair bit from the £250 for the PiperX...