Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strut Brace Importance

jay dh

planning to get one shortly, but not entirely sure exactly how they change the handling...

its been mentioned they are worth getting but why?

i thought the front brace prevents under steer and the rear prevents oversteer to help sharper cornering but am i right?

why are there 2 at the front? which one is more beneficial?

cheers

Jay

This is an answer until someone cleverer comes along:

The Struts can flex under heavy cornering causing the car to lose its sturdyness through the corner and therefore somewhat unbalancing the forces?

The upper strut it the better of the two as the lower front strut is already supported by the chassis or something (remember seeing it in a pic)

yup - a strut brace effectivly just stifens up the car and stops it felxing so much, keeping the car balanced through the corner

just fitted one to mine, and although I havn't gone round corners very fast to notice the difference you can feel the car is much stiffer, and especially if you go over speed bumps.

the best most effective one to get is the upper rear one!!! and its cheep too :D

www.strutbracer.co.uk

speed bumps?????? strutbraces stop flex between towers when going round corners, the do nothing when not cornering.

you reckon rear upper most effective? why you say that? because there no support there already or is it actually the most effective? It may make the most difference but isnt the front stiffness the most important?

Hi just looked at the website its BRILL been looking forever for them,just one question has any one used the buy now feature and paid by switch or credit card?

Many Thanks Andypr

OK - Ive had the front one on for about 2 years now - the biggest thing I notice is that if you enter a roundabout hard and drive through it (especially if its on a camber) the power goes down better.

The rear - well its one of these sneaky things - u cant tell anything until you decide to take it out to use the boot and find the back of the car sliding all over the place!

Ive the dynasports front upper, envy front lower and the omp upper rear.

The upper rear takes approx 2 mins to put in or take out - 2 14mm nuts.

Ive the dynasports front upper, envy front lower and the omp upper rear.

The upper rear takes approx 2 mins to put in or take out - 2 14mm nuts.

oh ok, i didnt realise the rear was so easy, i could get it then and just take it out when necessary...

whay do u have 3 different braces? is that cos for that part diff companies were cheaper or one company makes a better single part than all 3 or somat else?

There's a Dynasport brace on ebay at the moment...

yea i noticed that, ill see what price it goes to but it will prob be £40 min, plus p+p, then i would have to spray it red, it may be better for me to just get an OMP one but ill see...

i have the dynasport brace, cant complain really, will be gettin a rear one when i can get round to ordering one .. been meaning to for sometime now :thumbsup:

hmmm i recognise that engine bay on that strut brace. i wonder who's it is :P

is it urs?

edit-just seen the seller name

NO NO NO!!!!!!! DON'T BID!!!!!!!! ITS MINE I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!

think i mite bid for it now i know who wants it... :P

think i mite bid for it now i know who wants it... :P

Definately think you should get the OMP one seeing as it is red and WOULD REALLY SUITE YOUR CAR!!!!! ;) ;) (nudge nudge wink wink) :thumbsup:

I bought the dynasports one from Alan Bradley - my first mod!

Think I was the first one to find the OMP rear one - maybe Yaris WRC had one first? Why OMP? Cos its the only one Ive ever seen.

And the envy front lower because it again was the only one I could find!

Just checked - thats an old pic - the catch can wasnt the right way up then - was before I managed to mount it the other way.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links