Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strut Brace Importance

jay dh

I bought the dynasports one from Alan Bradley - my first mod!

Think I was the first one to find the OMP rear one - maybe Yaris WRC had one first?  Why OMP?  Cos its the only one Ive ever seen.

And the envy front lower because it again was the only one I could find!

Just checked - thats an old pic - the catch can wasnt the right way up then - was before I managed to mount it the other way.

You can now get all 3 of these struts from OMP via Strutbracer!

Dunno if you could when you brought the envy lower one! Out of interest how much is the envy lower one?

O and didnt earpl say something bad about the OMP ones being steel not alloy so heavier? Guess it doesnt really matter as the weight wont be that bad in comparison to the overall weight of the car!

the OMP front lower one will not fit the t-sport as somethin gets in the way. not sure wot. ill find out later for you lol

O and didnt earpl say something bad about the OMP ones being steel not alloy so heavier?

this true? how heavy if so?

Jay

just fitted one to mine, and although I havn't gone round corners very fast to notice the difference you can feel the car is much stiffer, and especially if you go over speed bumps.

yeah, i felt it too, instead of one going up an instant before the other they both more or less go up at the same time now.

i prob wont get the rear one cos it obstucts the boot, which i use...

its actually ok, doesnt obstruct that much, lol ies good for keeping suitcases upright anyway

the OMP front lower one will not fit the t-sport as somethin gets in the way. not sure wot. ill find out later for you lol

I think its the sump. i had one and it wouldnt go on.

Im guessing it does fit a non tsport then? Thats odd that it doesnt! is the envy one a different shape then or does that not fit the tsport either?

Out of interest how much is the envy lower one?

I think it's about £55

I've just had the OMP lower one from knightrider, but having my car lowered makes it stick out too much and will catch on any bumps I go over.

Lee said it wouldn't fit his, that's why he was selling it.

has alan got any more?

Sadly not! :D

I'd bought it as part of a group buy yonks ago, but it doesn't fit the D-4D because of the positions of intercooler and various fuelling bits. Sadly...

I also have one of the Envy lower braces that I have also had for a not-insignificant length of time. Sod to fit though as I seem to have a huge plastic undertray right in the way ( :angry: ) so its still not on :( (another attempt coming soon...)

:thumbsup:

A

jay

heavy...................

hmm, cant be too bad i spose...

doubt it will affect the performance much, ill get the OMP from and rear then

cheers people

i`ve dont a good few mods to mine and have to say for value for money the strut brace was the best mod ive ever fitted, for the craic i fitted it to a standard yaris at work and the results were unreal, it i was starting again or had to give someone advice on there first mod, if you are into driving the its even better than a set of springs, as for which ones better i have not got a clue i got mine off ENVY, ENVY ARE SOOOOOOO GOOD, there service is second to none and the lads are dead sound, mmmmmm ENVY all the way and i`m not taking the P_ss :thumbsup:

sorry i forgot to say i got mine off ENVY

o yea there is a link below if ya want to see there website

There is a front upper strutbrace (to be precise it's a sparco strut tower brace) on our T-Sport and it does feel "stiffer" when cornering compared to the Blue....I like the difference it makes, but I don't have that kind of money which I can use on something like that :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links