Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Me

CDEZA

HI, I HAVE A TOYOTA 2000 YARIZ JAPANESSE VERSION 1000CC VVTI (VITZ) RECENTLY I CHANGE OIL AND FILTERS, BUT I doesn't CHANGE THE FILTER OF GASOLINE, BECAUSE MY MECHANIC SAID THAT it TAKES IT INTEGRATED TO THE TANK OF FUEL. it is THIS CERTAIN ? THEN OF A LARGE TRIP THE "YELLOW LIGHT UP IN THE PANEL OF THE CAR, THAT HAS LIKE AN MOTOR ICON, SHOW ME THAT SOMETHING THIS WRONG.. IS IT DANGEROUS ?, IS IT RALATED WITH THE FILTER OF GASOLINE (IT doesn't CHANGE ). I don't HAVE MANUAL OF THE VEHICLE, I will THANK ANY HELP. THANK YOU

The same thing has happened twice to my 1999 Yaris. For me the first time it happened it was because there was a problem with the exhaust(which had to be replaced) and the second time it was a problem with the air/con. I think the light only tells you somethings wrong but the only way to know for sure whats wrong is to take to the dealer.

hope this is of some help to you.

As earpl already said, it's going to blow u..., errrr... I mean it's the Check Engine Light. You can have the trouble code read at your dealer, or any garage that has an OBD2-compliant reader, or if you wish so, read out the code yourself. Instructions on how to do this can be found in this subforum.

Your mechanic is right about the fuel filter, it's integrated with the fuel pump.

Yves.

I take it you mean this little bugger MIL.GIF

I had this come up last year the error that came up was:

"Replace faulty air flow meter"

£89.00 plus VAT and Labour

Luckly it was under warranty.

this is the work that they did at the time

Clicky click

Basically is means "Take me to the dealer" for an error code readout.

The same thing has happened twice to my 1999 Yaris. For me the first time it happened it was because there was a problem with the exhaust(which had to be replaced) and the second time it was a problem with the air/con. I think the light only tells you somethings wrong but the only way to know for sure whats wrong is to take to the dealer.

hope this is of some help to you.

you'r rigth ,the only way to know for sure whats wrong is to take to the dealer.

but where im living now doesn´t exist dealer (a little problem) , your opinion really helps me, in any way, this week I will solve the problem and I will be counting you that I found.

As earpl already said, it's going to blow u...,  errrr... I mean it's the Check Engine Light. You can have the trouble code read at your dealer, or any garage that has an OBD2-compliant reader, or if you wish so, read out the code yourself. Instructions on how to do this can be found in this subforum.

Your mechanic is right about the fuel filter, it's integrated with the fuel pump.

Yves.

thank´s yvvan about the fuel filter location, it was a mystery for me!, there is a garage at 300 kmts far from my house that has a OBD2, I will try to arrive before the car blow out ...jajaja

I take it you mean this little bugger MIL.GIF

I had this come up last year the error that came up was:

"Replace faulty air flow meter"

£89.00 plus VAT and Labour

Luckly it was under warranty.

this is the work that they did at the time

Clicky click

Basically is means "Take me to the dealer" for an error code readout.

finally I want to tell them that today in the morning I found under the car a little stain of oil, I following their direction, I arrive until the connections of the hydraulic fluid of the drive, this it was low of level, I will try to full it and… if the ligth is off resolved problem, if the problem continuous I will need a specialized garage.

THANK´S FOR YOUR HELPS

no its the engine warning lighr. not good this is.

..and here I was all these days thinking that indicator was there to remind you the engine is running..!!! <sigh> :P

but seriously... hope its nothing serious but better get it checked out.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
HI,  I HAVE A TOYOTA 2000  YARIZ JAPANESSE VERSION  1000CC  VVTI (VITZ)  RECENTLY I CHANGE OIL AND FILTERS, BUT I doesn't CHANGE THE FILTER OF GASOLINE, BECAUSE MY MECHANIC  SAID THAT it TAKES IT INTEGRATED TO THE TANK OF FUEL.  it is THIS CERTAIN ? THEN OF A LARGE TRIP THE "YELLOW LIGHT  UP IN THE PANEL OF THE CAR, THAT HAS LIKE AN MOTOR ICON, SHOW ME THAT SOMETHING THIS WRONG.. IS IT DANGEROUS ?,  IS IT RALATED WITH THE FILTER OF GASOLINE (IT doesn't  CHANGE ).  I don't HAVE MANUAL OF THE VEHICLE, I will THANK ANY HELP.  THANK YOU

Hi try the air flow sensor my friend had the sme problem.That was his cure.

Cheers