Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Crank Pulley

zebidi

i think i remember seeing a guide for fitting the perrin pulley. i cant find it anywhere though. help!! :group-cuddles:

Earpl and Knightrider have both done it themselves - both using different approaches...

... mine was done at a envy - took Rob (the senior mechanic at envy) a few minutes.

The trick seems to be to go through the wheelarch and not to remove anything - but rather to get the original v belt off and then remove the wheel. Then stretch a new (power enterprise v belt) on - loosening the tensioner first obviously....

is this the same as a lightned flywheel? how much are they off envy?

if its a lightned flywheel, i wont bother getting one, unless a was track racing or spriting, coz there crap for hills and grdualyy bends going up hills etc.

no - its the auxiliiary crank pulley

cant remember how much it is ... have a look in my garage

cheers dude i had a look

i think it is a lightwheigh flywheel, the only advantge i can see is weight, and on a flat straight the interia.

think ill stick with standard unless a was goin to santa pod every day :D

yeah but it reduces the weight of the crank, the equivilent of 100lbs off the weight of the car + makes it rev easier. remember what i told you about it zebidi.........

yeah but it reduces the weight of the crank, the equivilent of 100lbs off the weight of the car + makes it rev easier. remember what i told you about it zebidi.........

i know earpl. and i'm panicking that u r right. (you probably are) but i have it in front of me now and i'm jus hoping it fits. I know ZPI make them for phase 2. but perrin one was just so easy to get hold of, so i want to try.

you bugger im thinking of getting one now, ive alredy folked out for decat system, and manifold, yeah next week on wed! :lol: ..anways.....

ok say for example we were both driving up a slope in exactly the same car with same mods and parameters etc, but i had standard flywheel. I think id gain on you, however if we were at santa pod same parameter scenario, you would get past me?

are my assumptions correct?

just if i get one it will be cheaper to get everything done at once you see :thumbsup:

ok say for example we were both driving up a slope in exactly the same car with same mods and parameters etc, but i had standard flywheel. I think id gain on you, however if we were at santa pod same parameter scenario, you would get past me?

Quick question... are you going to the south of France anytime soon?? If not, then when the hell are you going to be racing up hill?? Show me a race track on the British Isles where there is a steep hill and i'll agree that the standard wheel may be beneficial.

The lighter wheel has the effect of a lighter car and free-flowing revs... surely something that helps to go up hills.

I think you've got Gran Turismo tuning options in your head where it says under lightened flywheel that it won't be as good up hill.... let me also assume that the car you fit that wheel to is a Skyline/Supra/RX-7 etc with upwards of 600bhp and a very very large turbo??

In a wee little Yaris, the main way to get faster after the obvious of handling and power, is to reduce weight and help the engine run as smooth and quickly as possible. The crank pulley reduces weight (artificially, but it does) and helps the engine run out smoother and rev easier... all good for performance!

Has anyone with this fitted noticed any decrease in hill performance? i can understand admanirv's worry as i would imagine the little engine can struggle with big hills as it is. I no your saying about south of france scenary not being very frequent but say you went down to the coastline where there can be some steep hills that you may stop on. You would like to know your car will make it to the top of them even if it is just once a year!!!!

does it feel that much slower??? I know its sitting higher :D

Quick question... are you going to the south of France anytime soon?? If not, then when the hell are you going to be racing up hill?? Show me a race track on the British Isles where there is a steep hill and i'll agree that the standard wheel may be beneficial.

The lighter wheel has the effect of a lighter car and free-flowing revs... surely something that helps to go up hills.

I think you've got Gran Turismo tuning options in your head where it says under lightened flywheel that it won't be as good up hill.... let me also assume that the car you fit that wheel to is a Skyline/Supra/RX-7 etc with upwards of 600bhp and a very very large turbo??

In a wee little Yaris, the main way to get faster after the obvious of handling and power, is to reduce weight and help the engine run as smooth and quickly as possible. The crank pulley reduces weight (artificially, but it does) and helps the engine run out smoother and rev easier... all good for performance!

hi mate

i agree with what you say but, where a live theres a few at least 25 degree hills, surely i wouldnt be able to get up the hill quicker as i cant build the revs up enough.

basically with my de cat system, manfiold and lightned flywheel, you reckon it woul be a good inverstment for getting better performance, ie just bcoz of weight.

I also feel it will be a bit akward driving round town at low revs, you agree?

i also think you can lose revs just a fast as you can gain them.

are we taking 35kg less or more with a ligjhtend flywheel?

cheers now adam.

mine pulls up hills like donald duck, and its very hilly in the peak district.

oh well 140 bhp

ah you can rely on earpl for an answer :thumbsup:

donald duck? fast as fluckk?

so you reckon its worht earpl evn up hills? and it doesnt really hinder it that much?

tommy tucker...cheeky ?????? :lol::lol:

cheers lad

Ad, what are you all about? The thing we are talking about isn't a flywheel and I agree with Keanu, you've been reading too much into Gran Turismo!

You'd notice a lightened flywheel much more than this pulley thingy probably! :thumbsup:

So what is this? the pulley between the crankshaft and camshaft (if there is one?) im guessing its to do with the crankshaft hence crank pulley but where exactly does it fit in? Is there any over pulleys that can be lightened in combination with this? Sorry just suppose it helps everyone a bit more if they know what they're talking about!

earpl, where is the tensioner for the power steering pulley? tension in the belt..... cant figure out how to take it off.

thanks!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links