Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Crank Pulley

zebidi

So what is this? the pulley between the crankshaft and camshaft (if there is one?) im guessing its to do with the crankshaft hence crank pulley but where exactly does it fit in? Is there any over pulleys that can be lightened in combination with this? Sorry just suppose it helps everyone a bit more if they know what they're talking about!

i agree, if some could kindly clear this up and what is what and pros and cons etc.

i agree im sure it do to with the crankshaft, it possilbe smoothing it out?

Right once and for all - I havent noticed any drop in power up or down hills. This mod will NOT effect bhp or torque - its all about making the revs more usable and the car feel more responsive.

Because theres less intertia the revs feel as though the build quicker - I guess they drop quicker too - but I cant say Ive noticed this in a bad way.

Dont get me wrong Im not saying that you cant live without this mod - but for the price and relative ease of fitting its a no-brainer.

So what is this? the pulley between the crankshaft and camshaft (if there is one?) im guessing its to do with the crankshaft hence crank pulley but where exactly does it fit in? Is there any over pulleys that can be lightened in combination with this? Sorry just suppose it helps everyone a bit more if they know what they're talking about!

i agree, if some could kindly clear this up and what is what and pros and cons etc.

i agree im sure it do to with the crankshaft, it possilbe smoothing it out?

i found these links maybe useful.

http://www.machv.com/tip11cranpul.html

http://www.perrinperformance.com/Products/...rank_Pulley.htm

this one is the best its on scion and really show pros and cons 1/2 way down :thumbsup:

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic....1302d59502070e7

ulitmatley it seems it reduces power used from accessories and moves that power more to the engine, unlocking power???

can any one share there view on the crank pulley, pros and cons?

Pretty mixed set or arguments there Adam ... Ive not had any hassles - I reckon the pulley went on to mine at about 85k and Im on 102k without issue?

If you come down to santapod tomorrow Im happy to give you the keys and let you have a play? Cant say fairer than that?

Pretty mixed set or arguments there Adam ... Ive not had any hassles - I reckon the pulley went on to mine at about 85k and Im on 102k without issue?

If you come down to santapod tomorrow Im happy to give you the keys and let you have a play?  Cant say fairer than that?

allrite lorne lad,

yeah fair does ill see how much it is to fit and if kevin can do me a deal before wednesday when i get my other stuff fitted!, i just want to give a good range of arguments and ideas, as i for one admit i was confused and didnt know pros and cons, know i do.

sadly im not at santa pod, kevin may ahve one fitted so ill see if he can show me it, i presume its only a ten minute job?

cheers adam

We had an experimental run up a one in three yesterday - I honestly beleive mines pulls very very well up a serious gradient - and lets just remind ourselves here - my car has done 102k now.

Santapod was a bit of a let down due to weather etc anyway - and yes its a short task for a mechanic to fit the pulley.

We had an experimental run up a one in three yesterday - I honestly beleive mines pulls very very well up a serious gradient - and lets just remind ourselves here - my car has done 102k now.

Santapod was a bit of a let down due to weather etc anyway - and yes its a short task for a mechanic to fit the pulley.

cheers fella, still contemplating fitting this, though cant afford this month :(

can safely say ive had a burn in earpls and lornes cars and neither of them struggled on a substantial hill!

in fact earpls did proceed to upset an alfa twin spark on one hill :lol:

even with the ghey CD on

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links