Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Couriers - Collecting

sotal

I am looking to buy something on eBay which is quite heavy and it needs collecting from Reading. I've heard of people using places like UPS etc to pick the item up and bring it to you.

How does this work, and have you got any recommendations of companies??

cheers Fidgits,

I had looked at Parcelforce which was £17.50 next day but they would only pick up from a post office unless you were an account holder.

DHL came back at £63.60 - OUCH :eek:

lol. Yeah does anyone from reading, drive to stoke-on-trent often??? :lol:

Interlink are the cheapest i've found :thumbsup:

If im going near stoke on trent soon i'll let you know :thumbsup:

Right I think Interlink is 15.70 but I'm not sure if that includes them collecting it or if that's an extra charge

If you specified where it is going from and where it is going to then it will include collection :thumbsup:

Well I won the auction so I'd better sort something out tomorrow!

I'm in no rush for it but don't want to spend too much getting it here!

Lynx?

I arranged collection of some stuff through DHL once (less than 20 Kilos) and it only cost me about £8, but that was via the work account and we get quite big discounts...

DHL are the donkey's though... :thumbsup:

A

Well I gave up in the end because I couldn't find anything cheaper than the £25 the seller was offering, and he has just contacted me apologising for the delay but he couldn't get to the post office on time so had to send it on saturday and they wouldn't do the method he wanted on a saturday so he had to send it standard parcels with £200 insurance and he said it only cost him £15 so he is going to refund me a tenner.

I like nice honest Ebayers!

The same happened to me when I bought some alloys for my SR. The guy was very honest and said the cheapest delivery he could get was with Royal Mail Standard Parcels. Some courier companies wanted to charge £200!! I said as long as the items were insured I didn't see a problem. Two days later and they were in my living room :) :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links