Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

So... Back To Mr T

Al J

Regular readers will know I've had a few problems with my new-last-March Yaris. To be fair, all were fixed under warranty by Mr T except my rattling and buzzing dashboard which turned out to be the windscreen and was sorted out with the help of you lovely Yaris peeps on here.

So... a couple of weeks ago, my car started to develop a new rattle. Well, more of a squeak combined with a clunk, really and it was coming from the back of the car. I'm thinking exhaust hitting underside of car or even worse, suspension bushes. :eek:

Anyway, a trip to Mr T on Sunday and it turns out to be the *!&%$*! hatch rattling! :rolleyes:

I went back yesterday and they changed the gas-filled struts and the locking mechanism and all is now well and a lot quieter. :thumbsup:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the last thing they have to change on my car. The list is now... new dashboard, new ignition key surround, new driver's seat frame, new hatch struts, new hatch lock. It's going to end up being a totally different car at this rate! You know, like Trigger's road-sweeping brush in Only Fools And Horses...

"Maintained it for 20 years. This old broom's had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."

She's going fine now and is soooo quiet but I do wonder sometimes if she was built on a Friday afternoon after too much vin rouge. :P

lol + i really do mean everything, no interior light, cant open sunroof, no sunvisors. 2 seats and a dash, well at santa pod the other week it was just 1 seat + half a dash :P

What hes omitting mentioning is that without the interior the exhaust is so loud that he cant hear any rattles!

I had the same issue with my tailgate a couple of years ago - wasnt anything to do with the struts - it was the lock mechanism had dried out and needed greasing. But it did take MrT three goes to figure it out!

Glad it's sorted Al.

Mines in this weekend for "dangling third break light," and a non-working heat wire on the rear windscreen.

Cheers, mate. Hope you get yours sorted too.

You don't want things dangling, do you? ;)

lol + i really do mean everything, no interior light, cant open sunroof, no sunvisors. 2 seats and a dash, well at santa pod the other week it was just 1 seat + half a dash :P

Wow that is extreme weight loss? do you drive without clothes aswell? :huh: I surprised you havent had your windows replaced with plastic ones to lose weight aswell! Do your times really drop that much with the loss of all those parts compared to say a half stripped run (no spare wheel, seats i.e. basic stripping)?

Do your times really drop that much with the loss of all those parts from say a half stripped run?

No, 'cos he weighs the same as me!! :lol:

Cheers, mate. Hope you get yours sorted too.

You don't want things dangling, do you?  ;)

Well, yes and no.... But then again these are things not to be discussed on an open forum....

:D

Hi guys :D

Mr. T had my Yaris 03 T Sport yesterday for a squeaky noise at the rear, it sounds like a suspension/spring noise. Any way I took it in and Mr T only went and replaced my front discs and pads saying that they were causing the noise (warranty covered). No mention of the squeak from the REAR. By the time I got to pick it up all the mechanics had knocked off for the weekend. I brought it home and hey presto the B :censor: y squeak/rattle is still there.

Any ideas as to what you peeps might think it is so I can tell Mr T their job.

Thanks in advance

Gill :angry:

You know, like Trigger's road-sweeping brush in Only Fools And Horses...

"Maintained it for 20 years. This old broom's had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."

She's going fine now and is soooo quiet but I do wonder sometimes if she was built on a Friday afternoon after too much vin rouge.  :P

I love that line out of OFAH, I've made Yves a fan of it too..we own series 1-6 on DVD now *coughs* anyway...hope this is the end of the noises for a while at least, our Yaris Blue was new last March (well if you don't include 2 months sitting on a Toyota forecourt seeing as most cars sit around after being made :lol:) and she went back to have air-con fitted, that's it. Not needed to go back at all thankfully..still a bit miffed that the passenger seat has lost it's memory but after my thread on here I've decided that it's no big deal and I only carry a back seat passenger every couple of weeks anyway.

Hi guys  :D

Mr. T had my Yaris 03 T Sport yesterday for a squeaky noise at the rear, it sounds like a suspension/spring noise. Any way I took it in and Mr T only went and replaced my front discs and pads saying that they were causing the noise (warranty covered). No mention of the squeak from the REAR. By the time I got to pick it up all the mechanics had knocked off for the weekend. I brought it home and hey presto the B :censor: y squeak/rattle is still there.

Any ideas as to what you peeps might think it is so I can tell Mr T their job.

Thanks in advance

Gill :angry:

Well, as I said in my first post, I thought mine was suspension at first. Try this... sit someone in the back of your car and go for a drive over a rough but quiet road where you can hear the squeaks. Get the person in the back to then press on the hatch. If the squeaks disappear, then you have the same problem I had.

Hmmm Al... you really dont have the best luck.... but hey, you can always say your car has unique features....  :lol:  :thumbsup:

Apart from taking youki back to Mr T more often than I would have cared to, I'm generally a fairly lucky guy.

I also now have (probably) the quietest Yaris in the world! ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links